Chapter 34 - She's On The Hunt

Hope you all enjoy! =D

~ ~ Chapter Thirty-Four ~ ~

I was exhausted.

There was no other word to describe how I was beginning to feel right now, these past few days have been long and filling. If I wasn’t trying to learn in class and get my D up to at least a C or even a B, I was playing chummy pals with Troy and his little trio – Peter was not really included in this, since he made it very clear he did not enjoy my presence.

Then on top of that, I had been keeping an eye out for Alana – I wanted to talk to her and find out why she was here. Brody wasn’t listening to anything I was saying and insisted on staying cooped up in his room, sulking like a spoilt child.

I get it – his mate was the enemy, but I'm fairly sure she isn’t anymore and he needs to accept the past and move on. However, first I need to find Alana and confront her, to confirm my thoughts so I have her word to back up my theory so I can drive my point home in Brody’s idiotic mind.

Then I also have Vance freely popping into my mind to find out what new information I have learnt – not that I have found out anything yet, but then I have Saxon to deal with. I never knew how hard it is to keep information from him, he is onto me already – I just know he is, but whatever Vance has been distracting him with, is doing the job.

Because even though Saxon is suspicious, he is too distracted to come down on me like a ton of bricks.

Let’s not forget my own family though, every day Emily is getting closer and closer to her due date, so Travis is starting to run around like a headless chicken trying to get the new nursery organised, but he is just making a huge mess of everything because the poor boy doesn’t know what he is doing.

The others aren’t too bad, Chris has taken it upon himself to ‘subtly’ stalk me this past day. He thinks I’m up to something and that I’ve been acting suss with all my ‘disappearances’ to nowhere...he is just jealous I haven’t included him in something I’m doing.

Because, let’s face it, I always have Chris as my partner nine out of ten times.

Sitting at the front of my maths class, my eyes kept glancing up at the clock and I noticed there was five minutes left of this class as I quickly scribbled down as many answers to the questionnaire we had been given. Chris was sitting beside me and poking my shoulder with the tip of his ruler, “Eva, Eva, Eva,” he kept hissing at me, but I ignored him.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a dark shadow walk past the doorway and I quickly looked up to see the back of Darren. Swearing lightly under my breath, I packed everything up as quickly as I could.

“Excuse me, class hasn’t finished yet,” the teacher called out and as I jumped up from my seat, I looked over at him, smiling a little.

“Finish this sheet for homework? I got it,” I told him as I walked away quickly, yanking the door open.

“Detention next time Eva, but this once I will let you off,” he called out after me as I ran out into the hallway, still pulling my bag up over my shoulder as I looked down in the direction that Darren had been walking.

He was gone though.

Walking briskly down the hall, I peered in each classroom as I passed it, thinking that maybe he had been going back to class – for some weird reason. I’m one of the few students who are trying to pass at this school.