Chapter 12 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Twelve ~ ~

“This sucks, whose idea was it to come on this stupid trip in the first place?” I groaned loudly as I hit my head against the buses glass window. I was bored, so utterly bored. Brody opened his mouth to reply but I cut him off, “Don't you dare say me either.”

He closed his mouth instantly and gave me a pointed look because we all know it was me, well technically it was Saxon but I had asked to go along with him. But I never told the others they had to come. So they only have themselves to blame.

“How about we play punch buggy?” Harper suggested and looked at all of us. We were currently taking up the back end of the bus and being seat hogs about it too. I was sitting on the very backseat with my back against the window and my legs stretched out in front of me while Chris was sitting opposite me with one leg stretched out and one bent up.

Harper and Brody were on the seats directly before us, one on both sides and Harper had his head hanging in the aisle despite the fact that Brody kept kicking him with his feet. I'm waiting until we get to our first rest stop so we can change seats.

It didn’t register that we were near the toilet until it was too late and let me tell you, with our heightened hearing and smell it was absolutely disgusting.

“And when was the last car we even saw driving past?” Brody scoffed as he looked out the window into the pitch black.

We have been on here for hours already and right now half the bus was asleep but I was eagerly waiting for the rest stop so I could make sure everyone woke up and got off so I can claim a new seat.

“You make a suggestion then brainiac,” Harper snapped back. Yep you guess it, being couped up for so long is getting on our nerves.

“I will. I spy,” Brody replied with a smug tone and smirk.

Rolling my eyes, “I spy is lame but I spy with my little eye something beginning with......G,” I smirked as I found something no one will guess.

“Thought you said it was lame, huh?”

“It is but I'm bored and lame is better than bored, duh,” I muttered back, “C’mon, I said G.”

Even though we all agreed the game was lame, they all started looking around the bus, “Grandma,” Harper grinned but I shook my head.

“Is it inside the bus Eva?” Chris asked in a bored tone and I nodded.

“Gnot,” Brody called out, startling the lady in front of him who glanced his way before looking away quickly.

We all looked at him like he had lost his marbles, “What on earth is gnot?”

“Yeah, is it even a real word?” Harper smirked teasingly.

Brody shot us daggers, “Yes it is, it’s snot with a G.”

“Not counted.”

“Huh, what do you mean it’s not counted? It’s totally counted,” Brody defended his made up word.

“It’s not even in the dictionary so it doesn’t count,” I muttered back while trying my best to not glance at my object nearby.

“Who made you the rule keeper anyway, I thought up the game.”

“Suggesting and thinking up of something are two totally different things,” I pointed out, “Plus I'm just better than you.”

“Whatever,” he huffed loudly and leant back in his seat roughly.