Chapter 7 - She's On The Hunt

Pic on the side was created by VampireFreak333 =)

~ ~ Chapter Seven ~ ~

The wind gently blew across the tall blades of grass all around me, ruffling my fur slightly with it as I kept my belly against the soft ground and my eyes glued to the small clearing with a herd of deer eating the grass.

We left Alpha Sims territory yesterday even though he offered us all beds for the night but I didn’t trust him enough to let my guard down like that - besides, I just want to find this rogue that Saxon wants so we can all go home.

I miss the others, I miss my home, my room, I miss being in my natural human form, heck I even miss going to school!

Though, I do have to admit that it was nice to hear about our mum - it hasn’t changed anything for me but it was just nice. Maria and Harper got along really well, she even gave him a giant hug before we left - Brody just shook her hand awkwardly which made the rest of us laugh and I gave her a small wave because Saxon told me to.

I’m not big on hugging random people.

'Eva!' Brody's voice flooded my mind loudly and I got the feeling it wasn’t the first time he had called out to me.

Grinning like a fool as I zoned back in on our prey, 'What?'

'Hallelujah she finally answered back!' he cried dramatically causing me to roll my eyes at his stupidity.

'Anyway. On with the story?' I muttered while glancing around for the others who all weren’t too far away and hidden in the long grass as well.

'Which one are you going for?' he asked and I looked back over at the deer, this was the only hard part of being in wolf form because when you were hungry this is what it took to get a feed. I usually just picked the easiest looking one and then shut my human self off while letting my wolf take over control and she will do the rest.

Smirking as the giant stag walked into view, I decided to mess with Saxon a little since he would be listening in. Usually he tries to kill mine and his food to save me from doing anything, so this time I will return the favour. 'The stag.'

'You know that's my kill Eva,' Saxon instantly jumped down my throat like a possessive freak over his food and I had to clamp my jaws shut to not make any sounds of laughter that will alert the herd to our presence.

'Why do you always get the big one though? That's so unfair,' my tone was teasing.

'Because I’m Alpha,' came his short reply which we all knew was coming anyway.

Scoffing silently in my head as I glanced in his direction, 'I’ve got alpha blood in me too but you don’t see me being a jerk faced food hog.'

'Just pick your deer Eva.'

Rolling my eyes, I looked back and decided to just go for the one that was standing a little further away from the rest. Saxon can have his stupid stag which is directly in the middle of the group and I hope all the other deers get in his way and trip him up - how hysterical would that be though?

'The loner,' I told them all which one was mine.

'The one in front of me?' Saxon asked and I knew he was planning on taking it down or at least injuring it for me as he ran past it to get to his own.

Shaking my head softly, 'Nope.' but I don’t think he believed me.

'Everyone set then?' Chris spoke up, he was crouched down off to my left somewhere, and there was a mumbled chorus of agreement.