[3] People.

[check out collage of Vergil]

Papers, please.

Currently, Vergil's favorite game, and at the same time his secret life goal. Whereas his parents saw the boy reaching as far as NASA, Vergil saw nothing wrong with sitting in a 3 square meters booth checking people's passports, ID cards etc before stamping their passes: valid/invalid.

It didn't require much conversation. He'd just ask the purpose and duration of visit, and then he'd most likely never see them again. After all, they were crossing the border from one state to another, and Vergil would be at that one critique point.

In-between places. Thrilling concept. Would he be on both states? Certainly not, matter can only exist at one singular juncture of space and time. Would he be nowhere, then? Why, is nowhere even a concept itself? It can't not be, since it's mentionable, but at the same time...

Vergil blinked away his thoughts and continued clicking. The most boring game on the entire planet, and yet he could spend hours on it. It didn't have an 'endless' option for no reason.

He was interrupted by a pebble tapping his window. It wasn't even something new, you could tell by all the scrapes and marks on the glass.

It meant Stevo.

It meant... trouble.

<><><><><><><><>

And yet, as always, Vergil let himself convinced into joining.

Him, Stevo and Ethan were at a punk gig. One may take a wild guess at who came up with the idea.

It was literally underground, in what must've been a bunker back on war days. Not at all roomy, and due to that, the ones that did take the effort to fit in were dedicated punks. They jumped all around to the unsettling music blasting all over the place.

The singer, a girl, was simply screeching into the microphone while the other members seemingly played their own separate song. Nothing matched, no harmony, no structure, it was making Vergil want to cover his ears, but that'd get him glares and even punches.

He was starting to lose track of his friends, which was steadily unsettling him more and more by the second. The stone floor was sticky one moment and slippery the other, he was starting to really lose his footing, and all the shoving around helped none.

Hands took hold of his hips and turned him around, only for him to face a pair of breasts nearly spilling out of a tight corset.

The girl had short, fluffy, orange hair just as strident as her style of clothing and makeup. Even someone that didn't relate to the punk genre, such as Vergil, could find her attractive.

But thing is... Vergil could barely wrap his head around interacting with men, he could at least say there were things they naturally had in common, but girls... They were something entirely out of his sphere of comprehension.

Hence, when she started grinding against him, he could only keep his arms glued to his sides, breathing heavily. He wouldn't know what spots on her body would trigger her, so he just kept to himself and hyperventilated instead.

"Let me go let me go, please let me go..." he was nearly twisting his neck to keep his head as far to the side as possible.

But she wouldn't, and it wasn't until Ethan came to rescue, gripping his arm and through much struggle managing to pull him out of there, that Vergil noticed he was crying.