[7] Awkward.

I did a pen drawing of Vergil and Mr. Janitor- IGNORE VERGIL BEING COOL I was on the train and doodling and all of a sudden Vergil is tall and smoking. Ugh, I still adore how it turned out, i wanna just squeeze my butt right now

Stevo, Vergil, Ethan, in that order, sitting on top of the college hill. Stevo had his legs sprawled frontwards, Vergil kept his knees under his chin and Ethan sat Indian-style, each pose matching their personality precisely.

It was dead silent.

What with his condition, Vergil had gone through his fair share of awkward silences and so he dealt with it just fine, but Ethan kept fidgeting while Stevo kicked at the grass with his heel.

"I'm not in love with either one of you." Vergil snapped when Stevo accidentally kicked some dirt onto his side bag.

The bluehead coughed and Ethan bowed his head. They must've talked behind Vergil's back about the subject, throwing the autistic back and forth at each other. 'It has to be you, deal with him!' 'What, no, I eat my own buggers, he likes you!' 'Jesus Stevo you're so fucking gross' 'Haha yeah'. That's how Vergil imagined their conversation.

"Right!" Stevo tried. "Cool... Good. Who do you love, then?"

Vergil played with his ear. On the second-to-last level of the huge ziggurat shaped hill, sat Mr. Janitor, and if the wind blew just right into the willow tree the man sat under, Vergil could spot his hunched back and man-bun.

"Just... someone." he lowered the hand from his ear to his shoulder, which he rubbed.

"This is ridiculous." Ethan said out of the blue, the first thing after greeting them at the beginning of lunch. "You are not in love, you can't- don't you listen to a word Dudan says to you?"

"All right, dude, way to fucking go." Stevo bit back over Vergil's head.

"Ignoring his Autism won't make him healthy! You're just encouraging him into doing something stupid that will make him have another panic attack!"

"If it was a girl you wouldn't have said that!"

"Please, my two best friends made out with each other in a bathroom and you think I'm a homophobe? I just don't want him thinking he loves someone when he's was born unable to."

"Following nature, nature was order and order is system!"

"Would you stop irrelevantly quoting Stevo, Stevo? Or should I say Jeremiah!"

"Don't you fucking go there man."

Vergil scooted frontwards inch by inch until he got himself up and grabbed his side-bag. His friends were too caught up in their fight to react, and so with a last glance at them he made his way downhill with clumsy bounces and just a couple twists of the ankle.

When he got at the abrupt end, he fell on his fours but jumped right upwards instantly. Yes he could've taken the stairs but they were crowded with... people.

He kept walking, without switching his footing to start with the left one. He couldn't even remember which foot he did begin with, because the sight of Mr. Janitor, whom he was approaching, took up all of his mental capacities.

Once he got close enough, he looked for a possible way to inform his of his presence without scaring him. He himself got scared whenever a person popped out of the blue.

He brushed the grass with his feet a little louder the last few steps, and the man darted a glance over his shoulder. Vergil froze next to him and opened his side-bag, quickly digging through it to pull out his sandwich.