[9] Play-date.

Only upon getting into the car did Vergil realize the gravity of the situation. And he didn't have any pill on him just then, having left his backpack in the locker.

          But it was relatively all right. From all people, he should be one to know what an upcoming panic attack felt like.

          Vergil felt that he was good for the moment.

          He had meant to sit on the front, but the man pointed to the backseat. Perhaps so that if someone saw them, they'd think Mr. Janitor had been kind enough to offer autistic Vergil a drive home.

          Vergil didn't take much offence in it, but it did kind of ring a bell: the whole deal was very much illegal and they would never be open in public. If there would even be a 'they' in the first place.

          "I'm sorry about the sandwich..."

          The man shrugged slowly and twisted the key to start the car. "I saw during lunch that you didn't eat."

          Vergil breathed out and put a hand on his stomach. "Yes... I wasn't hungry... Still aren't..." he trailed off and then clutched his stomach with crossed arms. Despite not being hungry, it hurt a lot, as if it was eating itself. "Are we going to a restaurant?"

          The man shook his head and twisted the clutch around before starting to back up the car, out of the parking lot. He placed an arm on the seat next to him and turned around to look through the rear window. "My apartment."

          Vergil felt that he was soon to have a panic attack.

          It took a while for the man's words to sink into his skull. He gawked around at the rumbling car, paying no mind to the little details such as the rusty handles or scraped dashboard.

          Of course, his apartment. They couldn't exactly go for a stroll in the park or a table for two without being suspicious.

          The man turned around once the car was backed up, twisted the clutch and started driving inevitably further away from the college.

          Vergil placed both hands on the driver's backrest, gripping nervously. "I- I, um. I thought you lived in the dorms building?"

          "I rarely use that room."

          Vergil nodded slowly, shifting around. "Um..."

          He looked at the rear view mirror to try and search Mr. Janitor's eyes. Dull, grey-blue, void of any spark as always, they barely seemed focused on the road ahead.

          The next second, they were focused on Vergil.

          "Are you scared?"

          Vergil was petrified.

          Play-date at Mr. Janitor's apartment...

          He swallowed the knot in his throat, so huge that he couldn't even begin to try and respond.

          The man looked away, shrugged slowly (as he repeatedly does) and started shifting his fingers through the music cassettes by his side. Vergil watched the two fingers as they paced over the tiny plastic boxes one by one almost tauntingly.

          After several titles such as 'death' 'blood' 'reign' and 'destruction', he eventually settled on 'mass hysteria'. He put the cassette into the cassette player. The man was... antique.