Chapter 18

Piper

"Nuh-uh!" I shouted as he attempted to drag me into the store. "Caleb!" I whined as he lifted me up so my feet were no longer touching the ground. "This isn't fair!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled as he walked closer the the entrance. "Its not my fault that you're so tiny" he stated.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not even that much shorter than you!" I argued. I'm like 67 inches tall! Yeah, I'm one of those people who would use inches; so I sound taller than I actually am. But in my defense, I'm tall for my age. And I'm taller than most girls.

Caleb set me on the floor, but had a grip on my arm so I wouldn't run away. Honestly, I was considering it. "You're like half a foot shorter than me" he said lightly. I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest like a little kid. "Come on" he urged while nodding towards the store.

I shrieked and tried running away, but I forgot that he was holding my arm. As a result, I tugged his body towards me, making us both crash to the floor. Caleb fell on his ass, but I wasn't that lucky. My back hit the tile floor right before my head went crashing back. "Shit. Poptart" he said softly as he pulled me upright.

"My head" I mumbled. There was a sharp pain, and Caleb looked kinda blurry. There was like five of him- or at least I was seeing five of him. Caleb sighed and gently examined my head. He was turning it side-to-side, making me sick. "Caleb" I said shakily as I felt something coming up my throat. "I'm gonna be sick" I blurted.

He quickly got me up and to a trash can. I bent over and emptied the contents of my stomach. "Let's get you home" he decided. I slowly nodded in agreement as I wiped my face with the napkin that he gave me. I'm not even sure where he got it from. He helped me walk, since I was slightly swaying. "I think you did this so you wouldn't go in the store" Caleb mused.

Really? "Yeah. I gave myself a concussion just so I wouldn't have to go lingerie shopping with you" I said, my voice thick with sarcasm. He was forcing me to go into Victoria's Secret! Its awkward to buy lingerie with a guy. But obviously, he was very persistent. "Caleb. My legs hurt" I whined.

Chuckling, he picked me up bridal style and continued to walk out of the mall. I guess it was a smart idea to have everything already in the car. We bought a bunch of things, and Caleb put them in his car before we went to go eat. But after we ate, Caleb had the bright idea to go lingerie shopping! Which brings us to my concussion and Caleb carrying me.

I dropped my head on his chest as he walked. "I want to sleep" I mumbled.

"No" Caleb said as he stopped walking. "You have to stay awake" he demanded. "You have a concussion so you can't sleep. Just talk to me" he stated.

I sighed and let out a small yawn. "I like Poptarts" I declared. He laughed and continued to walk. "My favorite Poptarts are the s'mores ones. The brown sugar ones are good too" I told him. I want Poptarts now.

Caleb somehow managed to open the door and carry me at the same time, so we were outside of the mall. The slight breeze felt nice. "Would you rather have McDonalds or Burger King?" Caleb asked.

That's a hard question. "I would probably get McDonalds fries, then get a Whopper from Burger King" I informed my mate. McDonalds fries are the best. But a Whopper is way better than a Big Mac.

"Keys" he stated. I fished them out of my pocket and put them in his hand. Hold up. Then that means he's only carrying me with one hand. How the hell? Wait. We're werewolves; we're strong. How could I forget that? Stupid brain.

Caleb got to my car and gently sat me in the passenger's seat. A few bags were at my feet, and Caleb moved them around so I was comfortable. He buckled me up before closing the door and going to the driver's side. "Try not to crash my birthday present" I muttered while resting my head against the cold window.