Chapter 23

Piper

I walked in the middle of Caleb and Zeke. My brother was still shaking when we got to the pack house of the Blood Star Pack. The fight was over. Dead bodies littered the floor; making me shudder. "Caleb?" I asked softly. He hummed in response. "Did anyone get hurt?" I wondered.

He frowned. "A few minor injuries" he answered. A frown made its way on my face. That's the reason I didn't want them to come here. I had a plan. Obviously, it didn't work out too well.

I didn't exactly think that Terence would hold Caroline and I at gunpoint and demand our mates to fight. I just thought that he would threaten us. Then I would distract him by pissing him off; resulting in he and my father hitting me. And while that went on, Caroline and Nick would get everyone off the territory and start a new territory.

It wasn't exactly a fool-proof plan. But I figured I would improvise if something went wrong. But then Terence came with the gun. And Caleb showed up. I glanced at my mate. Why did he even come? I'm not being ungrateful or anything. I'm genuinely curious. The note was made for him to hate me. He shouldn't have had a reason to play the hero.

"Piper!" relieved voiced rang in my ears. I looked up to see Thalia, Amanda, Grams, Kat, Emily, Caroline, and Kaley. Mustering up a small smile, I walked deeper into the house. Zeke drifted away from me and plopped on the couch, giving the girls a chance to squeeze the breath out of me. It was uncomfortable to be squished in the middle of seven girls. Seven!

I slightly winced and hissed through my teeth. My mate looked worriedly at me. 'I'm fine' I mouthed to him. Hesitantly, he nodded and sat on the couch next to Zeke. After getting hugs from the girls, I took in a deep breath- only for it to get pushed out of me. I was sandwiched between Mason and Sam as they wrapped their muscular arms around me. "We're glad you're safe, Pipes" they whispered softly- actually, Mason whispered it.

Then Sam whispered. "Yeah. What he said" I couldn't help but chuckle at his weirdness. After they let go, I was hugged my Toby. I instantly knew it was him. His hugs have always felt different. They felt safe and warm. They made me feel like nothing could ever get to me. Like nothing could hurt me.

Just how hugs should feel. But of course there are the hugs where you get the life squeezed out of you- which are just as good. After a while, he pulled away. I got a few more small hugs from Tyler, Nick, a few of the warriors who were glad that their Luna was okay, and even a few of the warriors of Nick's pack. "Okay!" Nick's voice boomed through the house.

We all turned to him as he stood about four steps up on the stairs. "Terence Walters and George Kingsley have met their deaths" he announced. Everyone nodded. "No details will come out about their deaths for the sake of a few important people" he stated. I knew he was talking about Zeke. I knew that Nick wanted it to be a secret because he's young.

People would be afraid of him. Zeke is twelve. He's not even a teen, and he's already killed. Twice. Both times for me. Both times with that gun. The first was at Mason's pack, I told him to hide in the closet; but he came out to help me. Then he shot Terence. To save me. He saved me.

But some people won't see it that way. They'll think he's evil. They would think that he's a monster. Someone following in his father's footsteps. But I know better than that. Zeke has a good heart. Some might say that I'm biased since he's my brother; however, I would still convince them that my brother is not evil.

And he definitely isn't like our father. Zeke didn't take pride in killing them. He was scared out of his mind. I'm sure that he didn't even plan on using the gun. He probably just brought it for protection- and it was useful. He has killed; but we all have. Just because he's younger does not make him some kind of threat. We were in a battle. He fought for the good side. He's the reason that we even won the fight.