Chapter 10 - And My Daddy Said Stay Away From Juliet

“Where is Richard?” Charlie asked, wiping his tear stained face on his sleeve. Zayn clenched his fists angrily.

            “Charlie, I don’t want you seeing him again, do you understand me?” Zayn asked. Charlie shook his head and screamed, crying harder.

            “No!”

            “Hey, listen to me,” Zayn insisted, trying to get his son’s attention, but failing miserably. Zayn was so distracted. Niall was in the background crying, because he hated when Charlie cried. It was a never ending circle of tears and Zayn couldn’t handle it. “Richard is a bad kid, Charlie,”

            “No! NO!”

            Zayn had never seen Charlie this hysterical before, and he was taken aback, truly shocked. Charlie ran across the room, grabbing a toy from the ground and throwing it. It almost hit Zayn, but luckily he ducked in enough time. It hit the wall though, created a hole in the dry wall. Zayn groaned and then walked over to Charlie, wrapping his arms tightly around him like a bear hug, not letting him thrash any longer. Zayn didn’t want him to hurt himself.

            “I want Richard,” Charlie cried, “I miss him again,”

            “You shouldn’t see him again, baby,”

            “WHY NOT?” Charlie screamed, his thrashing slowing down in his father’s arms, “Dadda, I want to see my Richard,”

            “He’s not your Richard…He’s just…just Richard,” Zayn said.

            That’s when Charlie pulled out of Zayn’s arms and ran out of his room, down the hall, down the steps, and into the laundry room, where he locked the door. Zayn groaned and then walked to comfort Niall, who was crying quietly in their room on the bed. Zayn crawled up next to his husband and hugged him comfortingly.

            “Sh, charming, stop crying,” Zayn whispered, kissing over Niall’s face.

            “Is Charlie okay?” Niall sobbed.

            Zayn nodded, “Yes, baby, he is. Now calm down, love,”

            Niall nodded, and slowly clamed himself, holding onto Zayn for dear life, “Will Charlie be happy again?”

            “Yes, charming,” Zayn breathed, kissing Niall’s lips, “He will be happy again. He will be happy when he realizes we are keeping him safe,”

            “Okay,” Niall was completely calm down, and the kisses were becoming heated. “Where is Charlie?”

            “In the laundry room,”