Chapter 29 - I Want To See You Be Brave

*Smirks*

"Zayn?" Liam asked as he walked into his friends flat. Zayn was sitting there, staring at the wall, his mind empty of everything other than his lost family. "Hey, buddy, why don't you go get dressed?"

"No," Zayn said.

"But, I have some news that you might like," Liam said, rubbing Zayn's back gently.

"What?"

"We are having a reunion at Jay's house, and she wanted you to come,"

At that, Zayn jumped up, a smile spreading across his face as he ran up the steps. Liam sighed happily and prepared himself for an emotional afternoon. When Zayn returned, he was showered, clean, shaven, and he was wearing his nice black slacks and button up shirt. It was the first time in weeks that Zayn had even properly showered and dressed.

It had only been a week sense Zayn signed himself out of the ward. He thought, if doctors couldn’t help him, no one could. So he left and let his life lay in mother nature’s hands. If he was meant to be with Niall, then he would be. And maybe, just maybe this would be his way back into the blonde’s life.

"You have to be laid back, Zayn," Liam warned, "They've been doing alright without you,"

Zayn nodded, tears pricking at his eyes with that knowledge. His charming and his son didn't need him. They would be okay if he left forever. "They don't even miss me, do they?" Zayn asked.

Liam sighed, "Of course they missed you,"

"Doesn't seem like it," Zayn slumped down. Maybe he shouldn't go after all. Maybe it was over.

"Stop that," Liam pulled him up, "Now let's go,"

~

"Niall, why don't you run inside and grab the ice cream from the freezer?" Jay suggested, with a smile. Niall nodded and then ran as fast as his legs could carry him inside. He opened the freezer and finally found the gallon of sweets. He pulled the ice cream out, and when he closed the freezer, he froze. Zayn was standing in the dining room, looking as dashing as ever.

"Hi charming," Zayn breathed.

Niall's heart pounded, because he missed Zaynie so much, and he wanted nothing more than to run into his arms and accept his apology. But even though Niall was autistic, he was smart. And he knew that Zayn needed to understand how much he had been hurt. Zayn had really hurt Niall's feelings, more than he ever thought possible.

"Z-Zaynie?" Niall stuttered.

"Yeah, baby," Zayn smiled, tears filling his eyes.

"I miss you," The blonde admitted.

"I miss you too,"