Chapter 22 - If You Walk Away, Every Day It Will Rain

Zayn curled into himself, laying in the same sheets he and Niall spent so many nights together and he sobbed. He regretted those words so much and all he wanted was his Prince Charming. He wanted to go back in time, He wished he would have never told Ms. Edwards about their dad and that he had just rode out the storm until he and Niall could have moved out, He could have found a job and supported Niall.

          Yes, he wouldn’t give up Charlie for the world, but sometimes, he wishes he never knew the boy existed. Maybe then he wouldn’t be so torn up about Richard, maybe someone could have given Charlie a better life.

          Everyone would have had a better life.

          The Tomlinsons wouldn’t have had to deal with their bullshit, and maybe, just maybe Niall would have fallen for someone else, someone who could protect him better. Like Liam.

          But he couldn’t go back in time. This was how his life had played out and there were so many things he wished he could take back, but he couldn’t and he was nothing but alone. He was all alone in this big damn house because he was a pathetic fool who let everything good he had slip through his fingertips.

          Yes, Richard was a horny bastard, but he loves Charlie, why Zayn couldn’t except that he didn’t know. Richard was good for Charlie. He treated him right, he protected him. Zayn could have taught him how to take care of someone with disabilities, he could have leant to deal with Richard and Charlie being together but he didn’t.

          He was an idiot, he realized that now as he held Niall's pillow close, his tears drenching it as he screamed into the soft cotton. He just wished he could take it all back, he wished he could have taken his whole life back. Maybe then Niall would be happy...Maybe then Niall would have the life he wanted because Zayn sure as hell wasn’t giving that to him, no matter how hard he tried.

          "Zayn you fucking son of a bitch!" Harry’s voice echoed through the house. Zayn shot up as his bedroom door was pushed open and he was pounced on by his brother whose fist connected with his jaw.

          "MY SON IS GOING TO DIE AND IT’S ALL YOU’RE FAULT! Why did Jay even have to take you in! She should have left you! She should have said no and let you be some homeless fuck! You worth-" "Harry!" Louis pulled his Husband off and threw him to the ground. "We don’t need two people in the hospital!"

          And Zayn didn’t know what they were talking about. He was so confused, he didn’t even acknowledge the stinging pain in his face. "W-What?" He stuttered.

          "You fucking beat out son and ruptured an artery in his brain Zayn! Richard might die. Not only that but your son is hysterical! You’re such a asshole Zayn, what did you do, huh? Did you beat his head against the wall? Did you bang it against the ground! Someone should do that to you! You should know what it feels like to know you could be ripped from the world and the boy you love!"

          Zayn didn’t know what to do with himself, he only cried harder. He cried so hard, so hard he thought he might puke a lung. He wanted to die right then and there because he couldn’t deal with this kind of stress, he just couldn’t.