Chapter 24 - I'm No Superhero-o-o

I few days later and Richard was only just showing signs of consciousness, like squeezing the doctors fingers or grunting, but, other than that Richard was immobilized. Couldn’t wake up if he wanted to.

         "What do you mean my son's not going to wake up? What the fuck do you mean!" Harry screamed, hiding his pain in Louis chest. "The aneurism is pressing against his brainstem, causing it to tare slightly. He can’t move his body, nor wake up. And, when he does wake up, We don’t know if he will ever be able to walk again, that’s all up to how much damage has occurred. We want to start surgery within the Hour to reduce that change, but the percentage of patients surviving is very low. It’s up to you."

         The doctor said, his voice low and saddened. Louis looked at his son, still hooked to the machines. "W-What’s up to us?" He wondered, biting on his Niall. "We can prosed with the surgery or...You can decide to have the plug pulled and put your son at ease. It’s up to y-" Before the doctor could continue, Harry interrupted. "You'll do the surgery. We'll do anything to keep him alive, please."

         The doctor nodded and handed over a clipboard for the fathers to sign, their hands shaky.

         After signing the paper, Louis took a walk, stating he 'needed a breather' as he panted for air, making his way from the room while Harry took a seat beside his son, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. "Richard baby, the doctors are going to bring you to surgery. T-They don’t know if you will survive but...T-They say your awake. Please squeeze my hand if you can hear me buddy?"

         Ever so faintly, Richards hand twitched in his fathers, squeezing the fingers. "R-Richey, if you don’t ever...wake up...is there anything you want me to tell Charlie? Do you want me to tell him you love him?" Richard squeezed the hand again, stating that he in fact did want his father to remind Charlie.

         "They left Zayn...So you know. They aren’t to happy with him and there staying at the house. Charlie doesn’t leave your room, he insists that if he does, he won’t be there when you get back." Harry chuckled through his tears.

         "Niall’s stays with him most days, so you don’t need to worry, only focus on yourself right now bud." His tears came back then and he kissed Richards hand. "You have to get through this Richard, We need you. Charlie needs you, Please little man I know if anyone can get through this it’s you." He cried harder, squeezing his hand.

         "Uh..." Richard grunted, his lips only slightly parting. "Uh...lah...lah ya." He conjured up and Harry knew just what he said. "I love you to, Richard." He whispered, kissing his sons forehead and standing.

         "I'm going to find your father and I'll bring him in, just...just in case we don’t get a goodbye."

         With that, Richard left the room to find his husband.

~*~

         Charlie, as said, hadn’t left Richards room, where he and Niall now sat, Lottie down stairs watching over them and chasing after her daughter Connie while the five year Old’s twin, Conner, spent the day with his father who had just recently separated from their mother.