Chapter 5

A/N: Sorry for the delay guys, but exams and life got in the way! Nonetheless, here's chapter five! also, I've gotten a few messages saying I misspelled 'Sentenial', but I want to just point out that I DO intend for it to be spelled that way. Not Centennial. Yup.

Chapter Five

"Wake up!"

"No!"

"You're gonna make us late for breakfast!"

"I don't care!"

"Fine!" I throw my hands up in exasperation, turning away from my lazy ass of a friend. Ironically, after a late night thanks to the Championship, Nat is the one who is unable to bring herself to get up. I shove at the door and turn back one last time, rolling my eyes at my friend. Should I ditch her? Most people would jabbering on and on about loyalty of friendship, but this is life! Come on, I'm not going to miss waffles and juice because of her.

"Suit yourself," I chuckle before shutting the door behind me. The air is cool and enough to snap me wide awake as I stroll towards the cafeteria, placing a hand on my growling tummy. "Easy girl, I'll feed you soon enough."

"Talking to yourself? They say that's the first sign of madness."

I spin deftly on the spot, raising my eyebrows at the boy that spoke. "So is stalking random strangers." It is then that I recognize him. The all too familiar green eyes twinkle as he chuckles at me, striding forward to sling an arm around my shoulders. To put it honestly, I am creeped out by his actions. Slightly amused, but still very creeped out.

"But my dear! I knowest thy's identity, for it is thee that checks the unworthy toilets and maintains their spotless splendour! Thou is no stranger to me."

His short speech is met with my odd look.

"You're weird," I point out, quite bluntly may I add, as I shrug his arm off my shoulders.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." He remarks, trying once more to put his arm where it he been before I nudged it off.

"Try that again and you'll be doing your pax de duex with one arm, I assure you."

"What are you going to do? Hack it off with your pointe shoes?"

"They are a new pair and still quite hard. It will hurt very much."

"Women are dangerous," He mutters before reluctantly unslinging his arm and shoving it in his pocket. I nod with approval; a wise choice on his behalf. "Oh God, for shame, I do not even know your name. Dear Mad'moiselle, will you tell?"

"Did you just quote Les Miserábles?" I questioned cynically, turning to face him.

"I may have." He answered slyly.

"Then stranger, you are my new best friend!" I declare abruptly, before hooking my arm through his. "Avast me hearty, breakfast awaits!" Then I drag him for breakfast.

***

Halfway through the day, Nat finally shows up. I shoot her an amused smiles she glares and sticks her tongue out at me. It's all her fault anyway, by insisting on sleeping in.

"Late for the first time, Natalie." Our teacher says, arching a penciled eyebrow. "Care to explain?"

"Avery stole my alarm clock." The little she devil deadpans, giving me the finger behind her back.

"Why would I?" I give her a withering smile, "my alarm clock is obviously better than hers."

***

"Did you see her face?" Nat laughs, slapping the table with her hand. "She looked positively stumped!"

"Well duh, genius, I was in your class remember?" Reaching out a hand, I lean forward to flick her forehead, earning myself a slap on the hand. "So abusive." I mutter, giving her my best imitation of a stink eye.

"So!" Nat chirps, not so subtly changing the topic, "Did you hear about the Championship results? Of course not, you were practicing all night." She's rambling, but I let her be. I am fairly interested at what the notorious rumour mill has come up with this time. "Sentenial won! Can you believe it? A girl!"

"Who's Sentenial?" I give her a blank look, praying desperately she won't see past it.

"One of the fairly newer fighters, if what I hear is right, she's been there but a year." Nat ponders, taking a sip of her strawberry smoothie. Huh, that's inaccurate. I want to point that out but it would be too suspicious. Before I can do anything though, I hear something that makes me freeze.

"Word is," She leans in conspiratorial like and whispers, "she's a dancer, and Dante- James, is out for revenge."