Chapter 10

A/N YAAAAY. Double digit chapters! It's been a while since I reached that c: Thanks for sticking with me, the meager few that do, and enjoy this chapter! Also, school's giving me a ton of homework and projects, so posting may be slow :c

Chapter Ten

The dance we are doing has been taken from taken from Coppeliá. It is the scene where the people of the village are celebrating the marriage of the beautiful Swanhilda to her fianceé. It is lively, cheerful and simple; Though it is hard to get all the pairs to synchronize with everyone else. At the end of the dance, my heart is racing. Whether it be from the exertion or being in such close proximity with Evan, I don't know. What am I feeling? My stomach churns uncomfortably all the time, and I can't seem to bring myself to meet his eyes. Everything I do around him has me doubting my sanity or question the reasons behind it.

What scares me most is that I do actually know why.

I might guilty of liking Evan, but I may also be liking the idea of liking him. This has never happened to me before, and I am clueless at what to do or how to go about it. Do I act as if nothing is wrong and risk losing what I never had, or do I make a move and find that it was never meant to be? I could consult Nat, but she's a hopeless romantic at heart. Whatever advice she gives will always end up with her being my children's godmother. I sneak a shy look at him, and I see him looking at me appraising.

"Now I see why you're the best." He laughs awkwardly, "I hardly had to lift you at all."

"Thanks," I reply, my traitorous cheeks turning a bright red colour, "you're not too shabby yourself."

"Well, I hope to dance with you again" He murmurs before backing away to retrieve his bag and move on to his next class. What? That's so unlike him. No witty, egotistical remark?

"Evan, wait!" I cry out, fumbling with my words. He turns and looks at me quizzically, slightly amused. "What's wrong with you?"

"What do you mean? I'm too awesome to not be okay." Ah, wait, never mind.

"No awkwardness okay? We're too cool to be awkward." It takes me a moment to realize I used 'we'. It doesn't seem to perturb him as he leans in and wraps a sweaty arm around my shoulders for a hug. "Ew, Evan!" I whine, shoving him away. He grins like the stupid fool he is and leans in. My eyes widen as I take in the scene before me, and out of instinct, I lean in too.

His lips part.

"You need a shower too, Ave." Evan whispers in a low and husky voice before pulling away and grinning at me. I slap his chest playfully and shove him out of the studio. "And don't forget to flush!" I yell at his back as he jogs down the corridor.

"What was that about?" Nat asks slyly, sashaying to my side.

"Nothing at all, my dear Natalie," I sing before I link arms with her and skip back to our room. Evan was right, I do need a shower.