Chapter 4

I lounged on my bed, surrounded by new friends. I felt so comfortable around them. It felt like I'd known them for ages. Today had been a fun day. There's nothing better than sitting around with your friends and goofing off. I never knew playing just dance 2 and horse racing could be such a great way to spend a hot, summer day. I could tell that this summer may be more bearable than I originally thought.

I think I could get used to living here, I thought, before I was interrupted by a cold, blue tube smacking me in the forehead.

"What the hell?!" I shrieked. I picked up the tube and saw that it was a Popsicle. "Really? A freezer pop? You assaulted me with a freaking freezer pop?"

Bradleigh gasped, a look of mock horror on her face. "It is not just a freezer pop! It is an otterpop! It's heaven in a little plastic tube!" she stated dramatically. "And if you weren't off in your own little world, you would've seen it flying towards your face."

I stuck my tongue at her and settled on eating the blue-raspberry goodness in silence. I looked around the room and noticed that Leah had chosen a seat in my computer chair, Bradleigh was lounging on my cushioned window seat thing, and Colby had returned from the restroom and was now seated comfortably at the foot of my bed. I finished my otterpop and was going to ask everybody what they wanted to do when I noticed that they were all doing their own thing. Leah was surfing the Internet, Colby was humming Katy Perry songs, and Bradleigh was going through my phone.

I smiled as I realized that she wouldn't be able to figure out the password. Right on cue, she looked up at me with a scowl on her face. "How the hell do you get into this thing?" she asked, frustrated. I drew the pattern in the air for her and she smiled before returning to whatever she was doing. I peeked at the phone and saw that she was just looking through my music.

"Really? You have the bed intruder song on here?" she asked incredulously. I grinned and nodded my head. She shook her head and returned her gaze to the phone.

I sighed. Well, if they were going to ignore me then fine. I'll just go play Xbox or something.

Bradleigh decided to come and lay on the ground next to where I had positioned myself in front of my television. She watched and cheered me on. Soon, everybody was watching me dominate in DC Universe. The game was coming to a close and I was in the middle of a fight with Robin. Pssh, this noob doesn't stand a chance against my beast character, Harley Quinn. I leaned forward, an intense look on my face. I watched in horror as Harley Quinn fell to the ground.

"What? Are you fucking serious?! That's some bullshit!" I yelled, throwing the controller on the ground. Everyone quickly focused on something else, not wanting to feel my angry Blazian wrath. I pouted and plopped on my bed. Just then, my ringtone started blaring from my phone. I picked it up and held it to my ear. "Hello?" I answered. I listened to what they had to say. "It's the one on the right....Okay, bye." I ended the call with a grin on my face. "My brother's here." I told my friends.

Later that night, I was lying on my bed and looking up at the ceiling. Images of today's events ran through my head. I had a great time with my brother. We spent the rest of the day and most of the night playing various third person shooter games. It was fun, but now all I could think about was the conversation I had with Dominic afterwards. He told me that he wouldn't be able to visit me anymore. Grace thought it wouldn't be a good idea. She figured having a family member visiting would make it difficult for me to adjust to my new life fully. I was so angry at her for taking away the last family member I had.