Pew pew, a shot in the dark.

Just a random filler chapter. I figured after that last dramatic chappy, I would add a little bit of fun before I jump into some more action.

Dedicated to my awesome wifey (: 

******************************************

Chapter 7:

I awoke the next morning feeling refreshed. I wasn’t sick anymore and I could barely feel the bruises I had from falling down the stairs, not that there were really any bruises to show. You would barely even be able to tell that I’d gotten hurt the night before. Whoever said that laughter was the best medicine was wrong. For me, Colby was the best medicine. I had a feeling that if Colby hadn’t kept me company last night, I would still be sore and sick.

I glanced to my right and saw that Colby was sound asleep. He hadn’t left me last night. Warmth spread across my body. Colby had told me that he loved me and I can honestly say that I loved him back. It wasn’t the coupley kind of love; It was the “you’re my friend and you mean a lot to me” kind of love. Five days. Five days was all it took for me to realize how much Colby meant to me. Thanks to Colby, I no longer regretted leaving all the people I left behind. I mean, since this whole time I’d been here, Colby’s done nothing but show me how much he cared, but my friends back home hadn’t even bothered to see if I made it over here okay. I’d be fine without them as long as I still had Colby and Bradleigh and Leah and even Susan. Yeah, I’d be okay.

****************************************

I let out a long sigh of content and leaned back in my chair with my eyes closed, turning my face upwards towards the bright sun shining down on me. Bradleigh and Leah had returned so the three of us plus Colby decided to go to a quaint little café in town. We were all sat outside at a small round table, the warm summer air and bright sunlight feeling so comforting.

“You comfy over there?” Colby mocked with a slight smile on his face.

“Well yes actually. I’m quite enjoying it here,” I responded, not giving in to his playful teasing.

“Well I don’t know about you, but I’d rather be playing Gallop Racer right now,” Leah interjected.

“Well good for you!” Bradleigh said sarcastically.

Leah sat up straight in her chair. “You know what bitch? I don’t need your commentary!”

“Well I don’t need your face!” Bradleigh yelled back.

“Ooh, good one,” Leah said with no hint of humor in her voice.

Colby turned and looked at me with a curious expression on his face.

“They get like this sometimes,” I explained. We sat back and watched their banter for a good ten minutes before they finally gave it a rest. I smirked and raised an eyebrow at them. My expression just screamed “Oh you guys are finally finished?”