He was there to watch me fall

So I finally uploaded! This chapter is pretty pointless but I wanted to throw it in here just because. The title made more sense BEFORE Colby changed his username.. -_____- It used to be WatchinUfall so it went well with the title (I planned this chapter a long time ago) but then he changed his username and I didn't want to change the title so just deal with it xP Anywho, you'll understand what it means after you read so GO FORTH MINIONS! loljk...O.o

Chapter 8:

****************

Me, Leah, and Bradleigh were sitting on my bed plotting ways to get revenge on Colby for what happened during laser tag. So far, the only progress we had made was in realizing that none of us are evil masterminds. The most we could come up with was a water balloon attack (not very effective) and putting a quarter in his burger (Bradleigh seems to still be living in elementary school). It would be an understatement to say this session was an epic fail.

"Okay, you know what? I'm done. I'm just gonna be the bigger person and let this go," I said as I got up off my bed.

"1) Colby tried to let this go yesterday. 2) you only want to be the bigger person because you cant think of anything clever," Leah stated, trying to burst my bubble like the oh-so-wonderful friend she is. Instead of making a comment, I just sent her "the look" as a warning not to push me.

Within minutes we were already laughing about it and moving on to the topic of how to spend our day. Just then, we heard a knock coming from the balcony doors. I motioned for Colby to come inside.

"So you're not mad at me anymore?" Colby asked lightly.

"Psshh, of course not. I'm not a child," I said nonchalantly.

"Mhmm," Colby nodded sarcastically.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. So what do you ladies have planned for today?" Colby questioned, plopping down on my bed.

"That's what we were just trying to figure out," Bradleigh sighed.

"Well you and Leah can figure that out without Anjie because I have a special surprise for her that's gonna take all day," said Colby with a grin on his face.

"And when exactly did I agree to this?" I asked incredulously.

"Well you didn't but I wanted to make it up to you for smacking you in the face with a plastic gun." Bradleigh and Leah attempted to stifle their laughter.

I turned and glared at them. "Get out!" They ran out of the room, letting their laughter escape. I sighed and fell back onto the bed. "Buttheads," I mumbled.

Colby chuckled from beside me. "So are you ready to have the best day of your life?"

"What do you have planned?" I asked him, moving into an upright position.

He patted my knee lightly before getting up. "You'll see," he said mysteriously. "Just grab your bike and meet me out front." He winked before climbing down the trellis.

How did he know Susan got me a bike? I didn't take too much time questioning Colby's weirdness. I made my way to the garage and found an awesome lime green and white BMX bike leaning against the wall. My jaw dropped. It was the exact same bike I saw in a store back home. It was the bike I wanted but could never have.

I wheeled the bike outside and saw Colby waiting on own bike. Soon we were cruising down the streets of the neighborhood and I was honestly having a great time. I followed behind Colby as he led me to our mysterious destination.

We were in the parking lot of some beach when Colby got off his bike. I followed suit.

"We're gonna have to walk from here," he said before leading me onto a nature trail through the woods. The trail started sloping uphill. It felt like we had been walking for ages.ū

"Okay where the hell are we going?" I asked, slightly out of breath. I wasn't the most in-shape person in the world.

"Patience is a virtue little one," he responded in a patronizing tone.

"Oh shut up!" I snapped.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. We're here." Just then, we broke through the last few trees and I found myself standing on a cliff overlooking the clear blue waters. In the distance I could see the beach where we left our bikes. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was amazing.

"Wow," I said, stunned. I took in the great view and the wonderful smell of the ocean.

"I didn't take you here just to look at the view," Colby said with laughter lacing his tone.

"Well then what are we here for?"

"We, are going cliff jumping!" He said excitedly. His face lit up, making it hard to say no. And plus, I've always wanted to try it. I love a thrill. I nodded my head enthusiastically, unsure what to say.

"Great! You go first." Colby must've seen the panicked look on my face because he said,"Don't worry. I'll be right here watching you fall. And then I'll jump right after you."

I must admit, the experience was like no other. I felt a rush as I catapulted myself off the edge of the cliff. The feeling of the air rushing past me was intoxicating. The feeling of my body slicing through the surface of the waves was exciting. I smiled and closed my eyes as the waves enveloped me. I was on a high.

I twirled around underwater, something I've always loved doing. The peace was amazing. The muffled sounds of the water moving was one of my favorite things to hear. I was completely blissful.

The moment was ruined when I felt Colby's body submerge beside me. I resurfaced at the same time as Colby and we treaded water briefly.

"That was amazing!" I exclaimed.

"I'm glad you liked it."

We swam back to the beach and sprawled across the sand, the afternoon sun warming our soaked bodies. My clothes clung to me but it didn't matter. The thrill was worth it. We lied there in silence until the sun began setting. The view was absolutely beautiful. Back home I hadn't gotten much chances to watch the sunset. The colors of the sky and the clouds were captivating. The water sparkled and I could have sat there for hours.

Of course, the fun couldn't last forever. My wonderful day with Colby had to end sometime. We rode back home carefully as it had started to get dark. To avoid Susan's questions of why I was wet, we climbed back up the trellis. Instead of going inside, we lied on the balcony and gazed at the stars above us.

"I had a really nice time today," I said quietly, not wanting to break the peaceful air around us. I smiled at Colby before giving him a quick hug. "Thank you," I whispered.

"No problem. I had to make it up to you somehow didn't I?"

I couldn't stop my heart from clenching slightly at his words. Yeah, that's right. It was just an apology.

"Colby, you know I had already forgiven you," I said as I sat up.

"Yeah I know. But I still wanted to take you. Cliff jumping is a part of me and I wanted to share it with you."

I smiled slightly at his words. I knew I shouldn't make anything of it, but it was still nice to hear. Sadly, the night had to end sometime and as usual Colby disappeared down the trellis. I wonder if that will break one day... 

After changing into a tank top and cotton shorts, I climbed into bed and got settled. I stared at the ceiling and just thought. I thought about the day, about family, about how I'm adjusting pretty well. I thought about my future, and my past, and anything really. But before falling asleep, I had one last thought that stood out more than the others. I didn't have any flashbacks today. 

********************************

I'm back bitches! I'm gonna be writing more often hopefully so bear with me. I have a crazy workload for school and I'm behind. So in case you didn't know, the entire story is already planned out. I just have to find time to write it out. I know this chapter was a bit boring and pointless but don't quit on me just yet, I have some drama coming in soon. The next two chapters are gonna be more lighthearted and fun but I'll try to add in a little trouble >:] Also, Colby was in this chapter for quite a long time now wasn't he? Hmm... Why could that be?.... MWAHAHAHA!!! O.O .... *runs away*