Chapter 7: Our Parting Ways

Are you enjoying it so far? Please remember to vote as it is a Watty Award, thanks. Hope I don't sound to arrogant! Anyways, tell me what you think about Cat becoming friends with the Trio. I think it's a bit WAY too unoriginal, but yeah, tell me what you think. Thanks :)

***

(DRACO)

"When I call your name," begins McGonagall, "you will come and sit on this stool. I will then place the Sorting Hat on your head and you will be sorted into your house. Once sorted, you may join your classmates. Hermione Granger."

A girl with very messy and curly dark brown hair walks up shyly and sits on the stool (more like climbs it).

"GRYFFINDOR!" the hat shouts suddenly, startling us all.

"Draco Malfoy," Professor McGonagall calls. With a big smile plastered on my face, I walk up and sit on the stool. The same second the old hag places the hat on my head the hat shouts "SLYTHERIN". A loud cheer erupted from the Slytherin table, and I walked off and to join the table.

"Catriona Goldstein," says McGonagall. Cat walks up and sits on the stool.

"A Goldstein," echoes the hat, "Interesting. Very interesting. You have the makings of a Slytherin...in your genes, of course...but you're different. You're heart is not meant to be... I know. HUFFLEPUFF!"

What? No. NO. Not possible! NO! UURRRGGGHHH!!! Cat's walking to the Hufflepuff table, shoulders drooped. A number of Hufflepuffs greet her, including a handsome fourth year I recognize as Cedric Diggory.

Keep your hands off her, I think to myself, Keep your filthy hands off her. All of a sudden, Pansy comes in running with an old man with strange white hair, and the crookedest teeth I've ever seen. I know that it's Filch, my dad told me. Filch whispers something into McGonagall's ear, shock taking over her face, and she slowly stares at Pansy.

"P-pansy Parkinson," Professor stutters. Pansy walks over to the hat and the it shouts "Slytherin!" making Crabbe, Goyle, and I groan.  The man runs off with Pansy. The Sorting continues, but awkwardly. Once everyone was sorted, Dumbledore got up and made an announcment about how the third floor corridor and the forest were all forbidden. 

"What do we do now?" whispers Crabbe in my ear.

"We just go over and tell her to meet us here again on Saturday at noon," I tell them, "As soon as the feast begins."

"All three? Why all three?" asks Goyle, "Why can't you just go by yourself?"

"Because I don't want to," I snap. What idiots, honestly! As soon as the feast begins, Crabbe, Goyle and I get up and start walking towards the Huffelpuff table. I feel eyes staring at us, but it's not like I honestly care. I do what I want to do.

"Cat, could we-"

"Draco, is that you?" comes a voice. Cedric. 

"Yes, now. Cat, could I just talk to you?" I say, looking at Cat.

"Sure," she says, and gets up slowly, following us out of the Great Hall. As soon as we're out of hearing, she breaks down and starts crying! I look to Goyle and Crabbe for help, but they seem as panicked as me!

"W-what's wrong?!" I ask quickly.

"What will my mother say?!" she asks me, sobbing harder than ever.

"I-I'm sure sh-she won't be m-m-mad!" I reassure, "P-please don't cry!"

I may just start crying myself.

"What's so great about-about being a Hufflepuff?!" Catriona asks me, now on her knees.Before I can answer anything, another handsome voice comes.