Chapter 10: Year 1's Over!

How are you enjoying the story so far? Sorry for the cliffhanger, but I wanted to make it more tensed.

***

(DRACO)

The next few weeks past by quietly, except for Hallowe'en night, when Professor Quirell came running into the feast and told us that there was a Troll in the Dungeons. Naturally, we started panicking, until Dumbledore told us to go to our Dormitories, which I thought was completely absurd, considering the fact that the Slytherin dormitories are in the dungeons. But when we got to the Dungeons, the Troll had moved away, so it was safe to go inside.

"How'd the Troll get in, Malfoy?" asked Crabbe. Honestly, why can't he try and figure it out himself?

"How on Earth am I supposed to know, Crabbe?!" I yell at him, "HONESTLY. Can't you ever figure something for yourself?"

"W-well, sorry..." Crabbe said quietly, "I was just curious is all... Sorry. I think I'll just go to bed now..."

"Me too," Goyle finally spoke. Had I hurt Crabbe's feelings, or something? I hope not..

"Are you alright, Crabbe?" I asked, and he looked down at me.

"I'm alright, good night." Crabbe replied, and made his way upstairs. Goyle took a last look at me and followed Crabbe into our Dormitory, leaving me to think about what had just happened. Oh my goodness, I hurt Crabbe's feelings! And what about Goyle? I don't understand him at all... Maybe I should just run up and apologize...? But that would make me look so vulnerable. I would look like such a joke. No, I decide, It's best to just leave it alone.

(CATRIONA)

After Hallowe'en, nothing exciting happened. Christmas came, and Draco and I spent the winter break together sometimes. He got me a little decoration for my wand, and I'd gotten him some Chocolate Frogs. After, we went back to school, and near the end of the eighth last day of school, I had ran into Ronald.

"You won't believe what happened!" he told me, "Harry, Hermione and I! We went and I played Chess and it was so amazing and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was on the back of Quirell's head! It was amazing! Anyways, I just wanted to say have a good summer!"

"Wait-what?!" I asked him, not having a clue what he had just explained to me.

"Well..." Ron started out slowly, "Last night, Harry, Hermione and I went to the seventh floor corridor because we thought that Snape was going to try steal something. So we went, and we had to pass Fluffy, the three-headed dog. Then we went and Harry got on this broomstick and caught this really ugly key that would fit through the door. After that, we entered this huge chess game, and I got hurt, and Hermione helped me to the Hospital Wing (Harry's still there). Harry said that it was Quirell who was after this rock that keep him alive forever, but turns out He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was on the back of his head, that's why he always wore that disgusting turban! Anyways, Quirell's dead, and You-Know-Who's somewhere, no one knows where, though. Anyways, since it's almost the end of the year, I just wanted to wish you a good summer!"

"...Well, have a good summer Ron..." was all I managed to say. 

"That's it?" Ron chuckled, and I hit him with my book.

"Fine!" I smiled, "Congratulations on defeating You-Know-Who! You must've been amazing on the Chess board! Have an amazing Summer, Ronald!"

"You too, Cat!" he replied, and gave me a quick hug, "I should probably go, now. I told Hermione I'd meet her up at the stairs by the Hospital Wing."

"Alright, see you, then!" I replied, and I skipped off.

"Wait!" Ron's voice came, and I turned around.