Chapter Six: Journey...

Akia did not dare to close her eyes last night as she thought about her and Theo's wedding. Where would the wedding take place? What dress should I wear? I do not have a wedding dress. Maybe if Theo give me a day, I can make one. But we do not have a day to spare. Will someone find out? If so, the treaty between Spain & England would be ruined and many wars would start because we was not discreet. I would also be hated by everyone and no one would be the kingdom allies because of ME! Our future children would be labeled as bastards and hated as well.

The thoughts that pondered in her head did not go away during the night. Akia's thoughts made her rethink the marriage; it's making her rethink about everything.

"Do I love Theo?" Akia asked herself as she looked into her vanity mirror to get ready for the morning. Akia has strong feelings for Theo, but it is not exactly love. It is more as lust and in the moment passion. It's living life; as Theo puts it.

Akia shook her head and stood up from the uncomfortable wooden chair. "I must call it off....Yes, that is what I am going to do." After dressing, Akia walked out her chambers and headed to Princess Fran.

Who by the way is freaking out. The day was the day Princess Fran will be traveling to France, so she can meet her future in laws. "Please, pack my dinner dresses." Fran ordered. Once Akia walked into the room, Princess Fran took a breath of relief. "Akia, thank goodness you are here. Please go back to your room and pack."

"Pack?" Akia asked.

"Yes pack. I am going to France and I need you to come with me. I researched that your tribe speaks French as well and I need you to translate for me."

Akia nod in understanding. "I will attend to your journey." But the wedding. Akia pushed her thought to the side before walking to the other ladies who by the way stopped there conversation once Akia was in front of them. "Hello." Akia greeted with a smile. The five ladies in front of Akia smiled and nod before continuing to pack the princess bags.

After getting the princess settled, Akia went to her chambers to pack as well. But once she stepped inside her chambers, there was filled bags on her bed. "I already took the time to fill your bags." A light voice echoed behind Akia; making her turn around to see Lady Adorn standing in the door way with a huge smile on her face.

"Thank you, Lady Adorn."

"You are welcome. Have a safe journey, Lady Akia." The older woman gave Akia a small curtsy before walking out her chambers.

~~~~~~~

Akia looked out the carriage to see the dark blue sky that had specks of purple in the clouds. The moon was not out yet, but Akia knew it is going to be closer to the earth than normal. From afar, around the large horses that was walking very close the carriage; she saw lightning bugs in the forest. A bunch of them gathered together; making the area glow.

"What are you thinking about, Lady Akia?" His voice made Akia look away from the beautiful nature and to his handsome features.

"I'm just admiring nature, my lord." Akia replied back. But I rather admire you instead. She wanted to add, but she kept her mouth shut. Since Fran was sitting next to her. Akia did not know if the princess knew about them, she gave off small signs, but not big signs that will give Akia a hint of the princess knowledge of the king's affairs.

"Do not terrorize my friend, Theo." Fran said with a huge grin on her face; a sign of teasing. "She does not want to be harassed by your manly ways, big brother."

Little do you know, young Fran. Akia thought once again. "The king is not terrorizing me princess Fran."

"Akia, you do not have to defend him. He's just a man after all." Fran joked, knowing calling Theo a simple man makes him angry. Like every king, Theo does not consider himself as a simple man; to him it means a man that sells meat and vegetables. Theo is definitely more than simple; powerful, royalty, a nobleman.