Chapter Twenty-Four: Kill the silence...

Pitter patter and giggles echoed in the empty throne room. The mocha skin boy stretched his tiny legs to run away from his mother that had trouble to run herself since her dress was in the way.

Exhausted and gasping for air to fill her lungs, Akia gave up and watched as Chander had his fun running around the large throne room. "Mama," the little prince called out once he realized she wasn't running after him. "Mama," he walked towards Akia as she knelt down to be at his eye level.

"Yes Chander," Akia grabbed his tiny soft hands. "Are you tired? Do you want to rest?"

Chander giggled as he shook his head no. "Play," he tugged on his mother's hands. "Play mama." He said the two out of twenty words he knows like any other two year old child would know.

"Mama needs to rest,"

"Mama make me sad," Chander pouted and fake sniffed.

Akia sighed and stood on her feet. "Mama needs to rest."

"No!" Chander stomped his foot. "Mama play."

Akia gave him a look before hunching over so they can be face to face; staring each other down, waiting for one of them to give up. But like always Chander is the one getting defeated. He looked down at his feet.

"Hold my hand." Akia sat up and held her hand out so Chander can hold on to her two fingers. The two of them head towards the doors where two guards, Jalila and Quintella stood.

"Your highness, we was informed King Theo just arrived," Jalila said as she follows Akia down the corridors and towards Chander's chambers.

Akia waited for the doors can open by one of the guards before walking into the excellent lighted room. Akia did not say anything regarding to Theo, since she is upset with him leaving on their son's second birthday. Which was over a month ago.

"Queen Akia, are you happy for his arrival?" Quintella asked.

Akia gave them a simple nod before sitting on Chander's bed to watch him play with his toys. "Duke Aaron and Duke Francis is coming to the ball, they will be expecting for you two to actually speak to them this time." Akia said, pushing the subject from her husband.

Quintella was the first to blush from Duke Aaron's name. Jalila, well Jalila did the opposite by rolling her light blue eyes from Duke Francis name.

"I was not able to talk, I do not know about Jalila." Quintella said as she eyed Jalila. Their hatred with each other was still there, but they try not to show it in front of their queen.

Akia turn to Jalila. "What is your excuse Jalila?"

"Duke Francis is a hog." Jalila stated. "Besides I am not interested."

Akia and Quintella gave her a questionable look. "Not interested? You're nineteen years of age Jalila, you can not be my lady for ever."

Jalila sighed. "I know my queen, but I'm not interested in Duke Francis."

"Mama," Chander called, making Akia give him her attention. Chander put one of his toys of polished wood excellently carved as a horse in his mother's hands. "Horse," he said.

Akia nod her head.

~
Sitting in front of the vanity, Akia brushed her curls to make sure there's no tangles and also watching Theo as he started to strip out of his clothes. From Akia's perspective, Theo looks like he's in pain and struggling to take of his shirt.

"Are you well?" She asked as she stood on her feet to walk towards him.

Theo gave her a nod. "Yes, just tired."