Chapter Twenty-one: Theodore...

Akia has never been so happy to see the thick fog that covered her new home land. Two months away from giving birth to her child and now looks like she's about to pop; Akia could not wait to see Theo again. She was anxious, especially during the non easy voyage back to York; storms, ports, delays, and traveling around half of the world to get the new profound food and plants from North America; corn, tobacco, sunflowers and potatoes.

"Land!" Akia heard the sailor yell as she watched the ship pull into the port. She gripped the large sunflower in her hand. She calls it the miracle flower, since it lasted this long in sea; the flower itself can cover Akia's whole face and its stem was almost three feet long.

Daniel soon came into her view with a sack full of variety of clothes from the different lands they have set foot on. "Do you have to get so many clothes?" He bickered.

Akia laughed. "Of course Daniel. How am I going to prove to Theo that I went to different lands?"

Daniel huffed and pulled the sack forward. "By telling him, he'll believe every word."

"That's not how it works Daniel." Akia took a deep breath before slowly walking down the unsteady thin wood that they would usually use for planks. "Do you not love the fresh spring air?" Akia took a good whiff of the air.

Daniel looked in disgust. "I smelt better. Other than Theo, what made you come back to this miserable land. You've seen mostly every beautiful land this world holds and you decided to come back to this one. Why?"

Akia started to walk along the board walk that led the both of them pass the sailors and towards the edge of the woods. She did not bother to answer the question, not because Akia did not want to but because she did not know the answer. Akia came back for Theo, she didn't have any other excuse.

"You're awfully quiet," Daniel stated as he walked along side of his friend. "Thought of any names for your child?"

Akia glanced up at Daniel then shrugged her shoulders. "No. Are you going to travel around the world again?"

Daniel adjust the bag on his shoulder. "Yes, these eyes has more land to see, my hands has more woman to touch and my pockets has more gold to hold."

"A typical pirate. Let al-" hooves hitting the hard ground rapidly made Akia stop what she was saying as a black and white horse came into view, following by other brown horses. The two of them stepped to the side so they won't get trampled on.

The black and white horse neigh from being suddenly stopped. "Akia?" General Lucas asked.

Akia looked at the men in suspicion before nodding. "Y-yes."

"The king is expecting you." General Lucas looked over towards Daniel. "The both of you." He soon got off his horse and walked towards the two of them. "I'm general Lucas, Theo's friend."

Akia bowed in respect. "Akia and this is my friend Daniel."

"Well Akia and Daniel, shall we."

~
Akia immediately felt eyes on her as she sat upon the horse while holding on to the leather strap and her stomach. The villagers watched as their new queen was led to the castle; some stared in awe, others stare in confusion. But they all bowed, even the wise and young bowed to their new queen. Of course it was new, but shocking for the villagers to bow down to her; an African woman that was like them once. Akia would of never thought this time would come.

Now in front of the castle, Akia instantly became shocked and flattered. The villagers was one thing, but the councilman, servants, lords and even the prince bowed in respect. Before Daniel can help Akia down, another beat her to the punch. Her feet slowly touched the ground as she held on to the wide and broad shoulders of the man she fell in love with.