Chapter Twenty-Five: Lifeless...

Depression filled Akia's body like a cloud, as she bundled herself up with warm covers. The curtains were also closed to block out the sun and the world. Restless from thinking and also praying for Chander to come back to lay in her arms again; Akia was going insane. Half of her heart was missing while the other half hardly sees her, she felt alone.

"How can she do this?" Quintella paced back and forth in front of the foot of Akia's bed, bickering and cursing Jalila to hell. "That wrench," she spat with pure hatred in her blood for the woman that Akia trusted with her child.

"Quintella, please." Akia whimpered in pain; not physical pain but external pain. Her heart ache from the sudden absence. "Enough about her," She pulled the covers over her head.

"My apologies," Quintella whispered.

"Leave me, please." Her voice came out as a whisper to Quintella ears. Quintella hesitated before leaving Akia alone.

~
His tiny hands covered his unique eyes as he sobbed for his mother. Force to sit by a cold, heavy and lifeless body of the woman that everyone blames to be the cause of Akia's negative behavior and Theo's absence; Chander stayed close to her for comfort, too young to know that she'll never wake up from her endless sleep.

"Wake up," Chander said as he wiped his tears away to shake Jalila's body. Her eyes was open as her arms was sprawled out from her body. Jalila was choked to death because she tried to protect the young prince from the two people that took her. A man and woman; two evils beings filled with hatred.

"Pathetic," a harsh feminine voice spat, the woman walked out of the shadows to show her pale skin, brown eyes, and short dirty blonde hair that was in need of a wash; she was ugly, just like her heart. "What kind of Prince are you?"

Chander pulled his knees to his chest as the woman stepped closer to him. Her stench went through his nose, making him scrunch his face in disgust. "Where's my mama?"

The woman laughed, showing her rotten gums and missing teeth. "Probably thrown herself off the castle. Tell me, does your father love you enough to risk everything to find you?"

Chander nod his head yes. "My father loves me, that's what mama says." He mumbled as his eyes drifted down slowly.

"Mama said? Hm, not really convinced but I'll take the answer." She looked pass his body to look at the lifeless Jalila. "Shame, waste of life. She could of been out bread maker, why did you have to kill her?"

Mysteriously, the man walked out of the shadows as well. Instead of looking disgusting like the woman; the man looked younger, strong and sharper with his cut orange hair, dark brown eyes, peach skin and broad shoulders; a knight.
"She was not needed, we have what we've came for." His voice was unbelievable deep, like no other; unnatural.

"No we did not. We've was sent to take gold, that was our mission." The woman turned to him.

"He is gold, better than gold. Do you know how much Theo's enemies will pay for his child? We'll have enough gold to buy thirty acres of land, even better; a whole kingdom."

The woman grins from the idea of having a kingdom to herself. "I hope you are right about your theory."

"We set sail in the North America, settle there then go to South America where we can sell him. For the meantime, make sure he's healthy enough to give to the next. We don't want him dead before we get there."

The woman scoffed in response. "I'll worry about my duties, you worry about yours."

The man squinted his at her before disappearing back in the shadows. Chander was now on the verge of sobbing once more, but kept from doing so once he saw the woman's warning in her eyes.