Chapter Fifteen: Daniel....

"D-Daniel?" Akia said in shock. Automatically, she took a step back in fear. Daniel... Anna's last words was Daniel. Who is he to her? This is the time to find out. "Why are you here?"

Daniel's features soften as he sighed. "Anna, I want to see Anna's grave. She's a old friend of mine."

Akia mouth gaped open but she immediately closed it once her mother's voice went through her mind: You'll catch flies in your mouth. "Very well," Akia said as she gripped the candle stick in her hand. "I will draw you a map. It's only a mile away from the cottage."

Daniel gave her a nod. "Thank you, I'm sorry I showed up. I was walking from the docks and saw the candle light from the cottage on my way."

"Do you have a crew?" Akia asked once she started walking towards the cottage, while Daniel followed close behind so he would not be blinded by the darkness around him.

"Yes, madam. I do, they are on the ship resting. My captain does not know that I am here." Daniel informed.

Akia quietly stepped inside, to make sure not to disturb Mary sleep. "Your pirate captain?"

A low chuckle pass Daniel's lips. "Yes, my pirate captain. Please, do not be afraid. We're not the type of pirates that rape beautiful woman and steal gold. We're more like traders seeking for money; the proper way."

Akia let out a sigh of relief. Her body soon relaxed from his words, but her mind still raced with thoughts. She grabbed a thin sheet of old paper, a feather and ink from the small wooden desk. "How did you know Anna?"

"We, well we was lovers. From the calm look on your face, you knew Anna did not have virtue. At least not until I saw her beauty for the first time."

Akia did not bother to respond, even though she wanted to ask tons of questions that can lead her to Anna's killer. Akia did not want to badger him, especially during his mourning over her lover's death. But, he does not feel upset, guilty, pity nor even a hint of depression. He looked calm, like nothing happened.

Before Akia can give him the finished map, she studied him; his handsome and tough features. His looks can hypnotize any female, but not Akia. Akia was already hypnotized by another; her husband and soul mate. Her king.
"How did you meet Anna?" She ease down in the wooden chair. Daniel followed pursuit by seating on the other end of the old wooden table.

"I first was captured by Anna's beauty when I was seventeen. She was fifteen at the time. I was only a peasant boy from France that worked in a English families farm with my younger brother. Let's just say, Anna saved my life." He put his right hand on top of the left as his eyes looked down into space.

"How?" Akia was now intrigued and interested in knowing the rest of the pirate and lady love story.

"I stole a loaf of bread to feed my little brother. Apparently at the time, the royal family was in market to visit the employees that practically run the city. I was caught stealing bread, as the guards of the city forced my left hand on a dirty table, an angelic voice went through my ears. I looked up and saw Anna; my angel holding a sliver coin with a smile on her face," a smile of his own formed on his face. "That day I was able to feed my brother and see an angel."

"When did you leave? To become a pirate."

"I just turned twenty, Anna was of course eighteen and expecting to marry. I was the only man she wanted to marry, but since I was only a peasant boy; it was impossible. I couldn't stand by outside the castle while she was in there; forced to marry another. I left, not before showing her how much I loved her. She wanted it of course. The next morning I was getting ready to sail off to my new life, when I saw my angel waving her hands and yelling my name."

"You went back and saw her face again?" Akia asked.

Daniel shook his head. "I could not go back. If I did I would of stayed and watch as she married a wealthy man that gives her everything I couldn't."

Akia frowned. If a person loved another, they would of never left. But Anna and Daniel was never together like Theo and I. He could not bare the thought to see his love with another.

"Year past, I came back a new man. I saw my angel, happy and smiling. I was so excited when I heard was not married yet, but she was engaged to a old councilman. Anna was still engaged before she passed. During my visits we laid together in secrecy. At some point I wanted her to come with me, travel with me at sea, but-"

"But?"

"But she did not accept my life and I did not accept her's. Once again I here now because of the news of a lady dying in the castle. I had to see if it was Anna, now I found out."

Akia reached over to grab his hand in support. "I am sorry. I only knew Anna for a short period of time, but during that time I have noticed she was sweet and special. An angel." Akia put the small map in his hand. "Take a candle stick, it is really dat outside." She stood on her feet and grabbed a lit candle stick before carefully giving it to him. "I'm sorry if I offend you with this question and you do not have to answer."

Daniel gave her a nod to continue as he stood on his feet.

"During your visits. Did you have any enemies that may of followed you around? Or anyone that wanted revenge?"

Daniel stared down at Akia with no expression that let Akia know he has dangerous enemies. "Every man has a enemy. If a man kills anyone but his enemy, he's is no man. Goodbye Akia."

Akia let go of her breath she was apparently holding. "Goodbye Daniel."

He does not know. No one knows who killed Anna or the other women in the castle. I rather give up, I should give up if I want to see another day. But my mother did not raise a weakling.

I will avenge you Anna, I promise..