Chapter Eight

Authors Note: Okay, I'm sorry this one is so short. xl

But please vote if you like it, or comment with feedback, either would be really nice and I'd really, REALLY appreciate it. 

But please enjoy(:

---

An envelope was thrown into my lap. It was fairly large and seemed to have a lot in it. I shifted in the chair, glancing up at Zaleck who was looking down on me with his arms crossed over his chest. I swallowed as I let my fingers move against the paper, shoving a finger under the flap and tearing it open. My fingers crossed over a thick piece of paper that was folded up. I glanced up at Zaleck once again, lifting an eyebrow. “Just get it on with.” I stuck my tongue out at him as I unfolded the paper.

What was on it truly surprised me. My eyes widedened at the painting of me standing elegantly next to Eb, his arm was wrapped around my waist as I was in the purple dress. His face was plain, but mine looked beautiful. There were no bruises, scrapes, bandages, absolutely nothing. My lips were curved into a small smile, which looked exactly like mine. I don’t know how they had gotten it, for I hadn’t once smiled. My lip tremembed as I stared at the painting. It looked so real it was uncanny. I quickly grabbed the next piece of paper out of the envelope, which was much thinner. I scrambled to open it, only to find a smaller piece of paper slide out of it, which was torn into a small square. I recognized it from two nights ago when I had written the words to the song my mother use to sing to me and the one I had sun quietly to myself in the cell. It fluttered to the ground and landed face down. I watched it for a few seconds before looking down at the paper that was in my own hand writing, but I knew I hadn’t written it. I swallowed as I let my eyes scan over it quickly.

Dad,

I know this is going to be really hard to understand but I’ve left Dane. I know Trittan isn’t exactly the most likely place to go, but that is where I ended up. There is much more to the new king than you think. I know it’s hard to believe, but you’ll understand how much happier I am here than I was at home by just seeing the painting I’ve put in.

I use to believe in you and that you never would hurt King Xavier, but they have proof here. I couldn’t believe that actually happened. I don’t want any contact with you or anyone else from Dane. I just wanted you to know how I feel, and hopefully this gives closure to both of us.

-          Sage

It was short. Extremely short, but sounds like something I might really have said if I had been upset with my father. I looked up to Zaleck, tears filling my eyes. This was the time that I would have to ask a question, my vow of silence up.

“What is this?” I choked out, shaking the letter violently.

“The plan to get your father to come to Trittan. We think he won’t believe the letter and know something is up so he’ll come chek it out for your sake. And the picture might make him realize it may be true, which only means he will want to get you out of here because he won’t want you with Eb. Either way, he will come.” I pushed myself up from the chair slowly.

“You can’t send it if you don’t have it.” I said as I grabbed the papers forcefully and yanked on them so the pages tore. I ripped it into small pieces and let them glide to the floor. I heard Zaleck chuckle and my eyes snapped up to him.

“It has already been sent. We took in the account of you doing something like that.” He said and now I was really getting worked up. My fingers curled together as I clenched my teeth together. My chest was rising before falling back down quickly as my breath came in gasps.