My Chemical Romance- The Dark Angels who helped me and will ALWAYS help me

Just saying... this is going to long... and I really hope that one of the band members reads this. That would be really COOL!!! Also this was a letter that I started to write to them,but didn't have time to finish. The picture up top is the exact pic my friend sent me.

I am in band, but not like a cool band like you, the band with woodwinds, brass, and percussion. I am a three year oboe player and a bit of a tenor player. And I love musicals, musicals and rock music. You guys should make a musical with rock musical though. I have a younger brother, he is the cool one, he plays the violin, accordian, and he can sing, but mostly he sings in the car. My dad and my stepmom are from New Jersey, which is cool.

Anyway, most kids meet you because of their cool friends, I had a cool friend, but she wasn't the first person to introduce to you. Or even hearing you on the radio wasn't the other reason why.

My parents got a divorce when I was in third grade, and in my fourth grade year it got a bit better, during the summer of my 5th grade year my mom moved out of her appartment and my dad moved out of the house and into an apartment. My mom, most amazing person, told us that while we lived with her we had to play an instrument and play a sport, while do good in school. Softball was in the family for a long time so of course I played that, but in 5th grade I played steel drums, it was cool. My mom, I would see her during the week and my dad on the weekends, would play music when I got home. I learned at that age that I had an amazing voice and should not be ashamed of it. My mom played tons of different kinds of music that she liked. Sometimes, when I was done with homework, I would sit infront of the music player and sing along. There was this song that just made my soul happy everytime it came on, I sang along with it everytime. But when I looked back, before I fell in love with you guys, I only remembered some of the lyrics and the album cover. The album cover had a desert background and a spider with a lightneing bolt in it. Awhile later, in 5th grade, I was told that I was going to only live at my dad's house. Then in February my dad married this lady from Ohio. Yeah, hard time-ish. Also in 4th and 5th grade I learned that I wasn't, well, the right size to have lots of friends, to be anyone. I did get a good friend, my best friend went to a different school. I moved schools for 4th grade and lefted myself at that school. I didn't sing, there were kids that were prettier in looks and singing.Then in seventh grade I got a phone and Spotify. Now I HAD to put music on it, then I was thinking of all the songs that I loved, and of course the song that had the spider and dessert on it would be perfect for my first song, thinking that the main line sung was the title of the song. So I typed in, "Sing it for the World." of course I didn't see anything that looked close to the album cover. I hated that I didn't have the name of the band. So I went on, sadly, until a my best friend talked to me.

So it's Thursday, May 29, 2014, so I talk to my friend as usual, we were talking about bus drivers, how ours were mean, I had a subsitute bus driver, "she's cranky". I guess I was writing a fanfiction on the way home on the bus, so I asked her about that, then she sends me a picture of these people who looked a little dark. 

Kinda confused and was thinking that I would never want to ever see these guys. AND of course I used 'never' so the universe wanted to laugh at me and save my life. Both are valid reasons.

I asked who they were, she answered "my chemical romance" with lots of hearts. Weird... I know.

So I just went on with that, I looked this "My Chemical Romance" up about that day or at least by the end of the next month.

Anouther funny thing was, I thought that people who looked dark were bad people. I mean, television shows and movies taught me that. So I believed that, I believed that Hot Topic (a.k.a the awesomest store ever) was where the bullies and the mean people shopped. So I stayed clear when I was in the mall. But I got over that when I went in there to find a Kirby shirt.

I started to really listen to you in the next year of 8th grade. My first album was "The Black Parade" It took me forever to actually start to adjust to it, the song Sleep scare me to death, I could never get past the talking part in the begining. That song took the longest for me to actually like, now it's like the song I like to sing out loud in a weird voice to creep out my friends.

After a few weeks I got the rest of your set.

That fall, my elementary music teacher, (she was the one to really get into music, she wanted me to try out for All-State Chorus, I didn't do it, but I did do All-County Music Festival, where I played the xylophone,) came up with cancer, and... sadly... died... That got me upset, while losing my friend because of personal reasons. Then the next worse thing HAD to come.

My mom... she... got... cancer.

And that night I listened to the song "Cancer" over and over and over again. Within a hour, I got my confidence up and felt better.

Well the thing with my friend got worse, and I tried to do self harm, but one of my friends got me this bracelet that had a music note on it. It reminded me that hurting myself isn't the answer, music is. And My Chemical Romance was a HUGE part of that.

Within months, I was back on track. By the end of the year I felt better, and over the summer my friend and I were friends again, she changed back to normal which was amazing.

I have friends who love My Chemical Romance. And have something to talk to with other peeps.

So I dedicate chaper two to My Chemical Romance for helping me survive eighth grade.