TeaAndPie345's Grandmother

This is for TeaAndPie345, who is awesome, her grandmother is awesome too. I wished I had one kinda like hers.

TeaAndPie345, "My hero is my grandma, the woman who believed in me when no one else would.

My dad left my mom when I was five. My mom remarried to my stepdad when I was seven. My stepdad always treated his kids better than me. My stepbrothers always got the new toys and my sister always got the new clothes. I was left with the toys they broke and Hand-me-downs from my other relatives.If my mom ever noticed that they were getting treated better than I was, she never said anything about it. I was always yelled at. It seemed like everything was my fault. Even if my stepsiblings did it, it was still my fault somehow. I ran away from home when I was nine. My grandma found me in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart. I explained why I had ran away, and she took me to her house. She said that it wasn't right or fair that I was being treated like that. For the next week I stayed at her house, helping her cook, feeding the cows, and just having fun for once.My parents found out where I was, but my grandma wouldn't let me go home. She made my parents say that they would appreciate me like the others, and that if she hears of something like this again, she would take me for good. Well everything was good for a few years after that. My grandma let me come to her house every weekend, and I hung out with her, my grandpa, and my uncle. My uncle thought it would be cool if he could teach me to play the guitar. I told him that I couldn't do it, that I wasn't talented enough. My grandma overheard me, and said that what I was saying was nonsense. She said that anyone could do anything if they wanted to. I loved playing the guitar. I just loved to strum random notes on my uncle's guitar just to see what tune I could come up with. For my twelfth birthday, my grandma gave me my own blue acoustic. She always would want to hear me play and sing. When I was fourteen, my school was having a charity show. Students would sign up to play an instrument or sing, and the school would take the ticket money and donate it to the Cancer Center Treatment of America, in Atlanta. My friend suggested that I enter in it. My stepdad didn't want me to do it. He said that I didn't have high enough grades to do it, although my lowest was an 86. My Stepbrother though, had an F, and he was allowed to play football for the recreation department.My grandma was furious. She shouted at my stepfather, saying he was selfish and unfair. My mother was upset too, she didn't like me being treated like an outcast and she'd had enough.My stepdad agreed to let me do the charity show, but he gave me the silent treatment and made me feel guilty for it. I told my grandma and she said that his ego was a little too big for his head and that he'll get over it. Me and two of my friends signed up. We went over to my grandma's house to practice a bunch of songs, and she loved it. She said that we were amazing, and anyone who said we weren't were idiots. My friend came over one day and told us that things were going to get complicated. At the charity show, there were going to be eleven jars for the eleven people that signed up. After we did our song, people were supposed to donate money to the group they want to hear again, then that group would come back on the stage.We were worried that we weren't going to get enough practice in time, and we were about to quit. But my grandma, being the kind woman she is, gave us a pep talk. She said once again, that we can do anything if we wanted to do it. On the night of the show, my stepdad refused to go. Because he refused to go, my stepsiblings did too.My mom noticed how upset I was, so she took me and promised that she would stay the whole time.We were getting ready on the stage. I was on guitar, my friend on the drums, and my best friend was the lead singer. I kind of froze up when the curtains rose, but then I saw my mom, grandparents, and my uncle in the front. My grandma smiled and gave me a thumbs up.We played Last Night by skillet, since it was what we said was our "theme song". After we played, my grandma ran backstage and just gave me the biggest hug EVER. She said that people loved us, and that they were putting donations in our jar.After that, we played Sound of Madness by shinedown, Lucy by Skillet (in honor of my best friend's little sister), Awake and Alive by skillet, and finally Give Me A Sign by Breaking Benjamin. We had played the most out of any group, and my grandma said that she couldn't be any more proud of me. Sadly, my grandma died a few months ago. I was heartbroken.But with the help of my friends, at her funeral we played her absolute favorite song Lips of an Angel by Hinder. Some people said that it wasn't right for a funeral, but I didn't care. It was for her. I love my grandma, and I miss her terribly. She will be forever known to me as the one person who believed in me when no one else would."