introduction ✓

IN MY VEINS

IN MY VEINS

INTRODUCTION

In the small town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania, nothing is ever as it seems. The people that you spent practically your entire life growing up with turn out to be totally unrecognizable strangers. Everyone in the town had secrets, and Arabella Montgomery was no exception to that. It had all started when Alison DiLaurentis, the self-proclaimed queen of Rosewood High School who brought trouble wherever she went, united Spencer Hastings, Hanna Marin, Emily Fields, and Aria and Arabella Montgomery. The girls had been so eager to be accepted by Alison that they would change every single thing about themselves simply to get her approval, so when the blonde died it was only expected that they would all mourn her. What they didn't realize then was that her death would be the catalyst for the chaos that ensued. While they all had their secrets, Alison's were treacherous, and aligning themselves with her would only cause the five girls more trouble than they anticipated. The blonde was reckless, and soon enough her infidelities would catch up to her, but even in death she would still be dragging the girls down with her.

However, unlike her sister and the others, Arabella never felt that she was required to be loyal to Alison and would instead do the exact opposite of what Ali would order her to do. She was the only one who dared to see right through Alison's lies and challenge her, soon discovering that the best way to piss her off was to go after her older brother. She couldn't lie and say that she wasn't attracted to the enigma that is Jason DiLaurentis, and it didn't help that him being off limits made her want him even more. Initially the game plan was simply to flirt with Jason and get Alison riled up, but Arabella could've never predicted that she was in for far more than she bargained for. Jason made her feel things she never had before, and he encouraged her to embrace who she really was. It wasn't long before Arabella was head over heels for him, any thoughts about her originally devious plan shoved to the back of her head.

Unfortunately, they would never be able to be truly happy without overcoming several obstacles, because not only did they have to hide their relationship from their parents and the other girls, but also from CeCe Drake, who Arabella would soon discover to be Jason's girlfriend. Turns out that things were much more complicated than anyone knew, and it wasn't long before the once happy couple grew apart because they both should've known better than to assume that they would be able to outsmart Alison when she proved time and time again that Rosewood was her town and no one could beat her at her own game. Eventually, too many secrets were being kept and no one could keep up, all of them failing to realize that there was a much bigger picture unraveling right before their eyes until it was too late. Before they knew it, everything came crashing down, and the blonde who had been at the center of it all was nowhere to be found.

With Alison's disappearance came enormous change, and for many of them it was for the worst. The girls didn't talk at all for nearly a year, and Jason disappeared just like his sister had, leaving Arabella lost within herself. The Montgomery family chose to leave Rosewood soon after and spent a year in Iceland, but it didn't matter how far they went because memories can't just disappear even if you try to outrun them. Things had been starting to lighten up when the girls returned to school for their junior year, until suddenly Alison's missing person's case became a homicide. Whatever sense of security they had in thinking that all of their secrets were buried along with Alison was swiftly destroyed when they became the target of an anonymous messenger named A, who somehow seemed to know everything about everything, even secrets that they didn't even know about each other. It all takes a turn for the worst when Jason moves back to Rosewood, more determined than ever to win his ex-girlfriend back.

Arabella would soon come to realize that no matter what she did, she would never lose feelings for her first love, and having to see Jason every waking moment of her life made it almost impossible for her to avoid those feelings. There was nowhere else for her to hide, and there was only so much she could push Jason away before A revealed the biggest secret of all, one that could make or break her future with him. The girl was no stranger to heartbreak, but it nearly broke her the first time and if she failed to evade it the second time she wasn't sure she would survive it. Several distractions come along, all of them only further convincing Arabella that her and Jason might not be each other's endgame, especially not when all the odds seem to be stacked against them. Even if they managed to emerge victorious in this war, one thing that they knew to be a certainty is that there would be casualties, and none of them were safe anymore.

[season two]

CAST + CHARACTERS

selena gomez as arabella jade montgomery

drew van acker as jason dilaurentis

austin butler as chase anderson