two

CHAPTER TWO

After everything that went down at home, and nearly crying her eyes out, Arabella packed a bag and snuck out through Mike's window. She knew school was over by now so she planned to drop her stuff off at Spencer's house.

The Hastings girl had a study date with Toby so Arabella left them alone for a bit and went to visit Emily. There the brunette ran into Hanna, who was in as bad of a mood as she was. Neither one of them were willing to talk, though, so they sat in silence and waited for Em to come home.

"Arabella? Hanna?" Emily furrowed her eyebrows as she approached her house.

Arabella smiled, which probably came off as a grimace but at least she had tried. "We didn't want to be alone."

Emily made her way over to them, a grim look on her face. Arabella moved over so Em could settle in between Hanna and the brunette. "I ran into Lucas in the parking lot. And he asked me to give you this." Em began, pulling out Hanna's phone from her purse. "I think you left it in the cafeteria."

Hanna shook her head and grabbed the phone. "How did things get so screwed up?"

"Now your mom's back there packing boxes." Arabella told Emily, nodding her head towards the inside of the house.

"Hmm. Maybe we can pack her up." Em retorted jokingly, getting a laugh out of both her friends.

"I thought things were good between you guys," Arabella stated, though it was more of a question.

"They are," Emily explained, her tone indifferent. "Texas. It's beauty queen capital of America."

"Well, that could be a good thing. If that's your type." Hanna attempted to lighten Emily's mood up.

"It's not." Em denied bluntly.

"So you have a type?" Arabella smirked, giggling, stopping when Emily turned and gave her a look. "Okay, just promise me that y'all won't come back with big hair."

"I promise," Emily smiled, and Arabella was glad she had made her smile a genuine smile, even if it was for a couple seconds. "Well, I'm glad you guys are here. I don't wanna be alone either," she frowned, looking up at the sky.

Hanna grabbed Emily's arm and wrapped both of hers around it, resting her head on Em's shoulder. Arabella beamed at the sight, deciding to leave them be, as she had her own problems to deal with.

"Look, guys I'll see you later." The brunette alerted the other two, gaining frowns in response.

"No, don't go," Hanna pouted. "I thought we could have a little girl's night until we have to go to the park to meet Ian. You know, eat ice cream, maybe watch a couple movies. And of course talk about you and Noel."

Arabella chuckled at the sudden mention of her best friend. Ever since she had accidentally let it slip to Hanna that Noel and her kissed during a game of truth or dare, Hanna wouldn't let it go. "I hope you know that there's nothing going on between Noel and I. He's my best friend, nothing more. And I would stay, but I told Spencer I'd be back before dark."

Emily sighed, just as bummed about the girl's night not happening as Hanna was. "Fine, we'll let you go. But you owe us a girl's night, alright, Montgomery?"

"Yeah, yeah," Arabella nodded briefly, grinning from ear to ear. She began walking away from the two, only then realizing that she had to walk all the way back to Spencer's house.

The brunette grunted at just the thought of it, but she supposed she could use the walk to clear her mind. This is what she gets for not remembering to bring her car. Arabella pulled her phone out to check the time, only to see that the battery was dead. Her luck just doesn't run out does it?