eight; treacherous

CHAPTER EIGHT

TREACHEROUS
"Your name has echoed through my mind and I just, think you should, think you should know. That nothing safe is worth the drive and I will, follow you, follow you home."

"Aria, seriously. You look fine." Arabella chuckled as her sister analyzed herself in the mirror for the hundredth time.

Aria turned around and scowled at her, "No, you're just saying that because you're my sister. I look horrible. I should've just asked for the same thing you got. Now I have pink hair."

Earlier that day, Aria and Arabella had gone to the hair salon. They had come up with the brilliant idea to get completely new hairstyles. Arabella had chosen to keep it simple by dyeing her tips pink while Aria went all out and got pink highlights. And now the latter was freaking out because she felt that it turned out horribly, despite Arabella telling her how amazing it looked.

"Aria, come on," Arabella sighed. "You're my sister. And no matter what, you know I'll stick by your side. I don't care if you have pink, blue, green or yellow hair. Trust me when I say that if anyone can rock that pink hair, it's you."

Aria smiled and reached out to hug her sister. "Thank you," she mumbled into Arabella's shoulder. "Though I still think yours looks way better."

Arabella laughed and pulled back, turning when she heard her phone go off. The brunette picked it up to see a text from Alison.

From Alison to Arabella:

Get your asses over to my house. I'm dying to see your new hairstyles! Bring your bathing suits.

"Ali wants us at her house, like right now," Arabella informed Aria, who was packing a bag for the sleepover they were having later. The plan originally was for them to go to Ali's later, not right now.

Aria shot her sister a questioning look, "I thought we weren't going until later? It's not even three in the afternoon yet."

"I guess she wants to go swimming because we have to bring bathing suits too," Arabella shrugged, internally rolling her eyes. "I'm gonna go change and grab my bag. Oh, and we're stopping at The Brew on the way there."

"You know," Aria called out as Arabella was halfway out the door, "I don't think your coffee addiction is particularly healthy."

The brunette scoffed, facing Aria once again, "Have you seen how much coffee Spencer drinks? If drinking coffee was ever unhealthy, Spencer's the one with the problem, not me."

"It's seventy degrees outside. At least get iced coffee," Ella advised, appearing in the hallway, seemingly out of nowhere.

Arabella rolled her eyes and didn't bother responding, walking past her mom and entering her room. She didn't see anything wrong with loving coffee. It was, quite frankly, the epitome of her happiness. She usually preferred Starbucks but she couldn't lie, The Brew made some of the best lattes she'd ever had.

About half an hour later, the brunette had changed into a white bandeau bra, jean shorts, a pair of converse, and a cream colored knit cover up. Arabella would've usually gone out without the cover up due to the weather today, but she was going for a more mature look. The girl may be aware of the fact that she's not totally unappealing and that she had a decent enough figure, but she did, however, have self-respect.

"Ari, are you ready?" Aria asked from the other side of Arabella's door.

Arabella snapped out of her thoughts and grabbed her bag from the bed, making sure she had everything necessary, including her bikini. "Yeah," she answered, walking out the door. "Let's go."