eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

The day of the Rosewood Charity Fashion Show was quickly approaching, and Arabella Montgomery was most definitely not looking forward to it. She was all about the fashion, and the charity, but not the actual show itself. The brunette didn't exactly have a good track record with it, and had eventually come to despise the show all together. The show itself had done nothing wrong, but the only way for Arabella to release her anger was to lash out and she'd rather take it out on the show by bashing it than to take it out on Alison DiLaurentis, the reason for Arabella's frustration.

Alison was always one for dramatics, and absolutely hated being one-upped. Somehow, someway, Arabella would always unintentionally piss Alison off some time before the annual fashion show, or the day of it. It was always over the smallest of things, like if Alisom thought Arabella's dress looked better than hers or if the brunette's hair was styled better than the blonde's. One time, it was because Jessica DiLaurentis, Alison's mom, had chosen Arabella to be the last girl to walk out by herself with what was the nicest dress of the evening.

It was downright jealousy, and poor Arabella never knew why Alison was being so hostile. The day of the fashion show the year before Alison disappeared was the day that Arabella modeled for the last time. Alison and Emily had walked out together as the first two girls, and Arabella and Spencer were set to walk out next. When Ali and Em were headed back and the other two brunettes were making their way out, Alison tripped Arabella 'accidentally' and embarrassed her in front of everyone.

Arabella had never attended the fashion show ever again as a model. She refused to go through that again, even if Alison wasn't around anymore. The only reason she showed up was to support the rest of the girls, and because her mother forced her to attend. This year's show wouldn't be any different. No matter how many times her sister begged her, Arabella would not take part in the event. But Spencer didn't really care what Arabella wanted, and now the youngest Montgomery sister was stuck folding programs for the fashion show at Emily's house despite her wishes to be excluded.

"Why would A show us that part of the video?" Aria questioned from next to Arabella, who was sat between her twin sister and Spencer.

Hanna placed one of the folded programs on the pile at the center of Emily's bed, "To keep us distracted for when the next attack is launched."

"Or to tell us there's more to what happened that night," Emily suggested, which Arabella agreed with.

"Guys, Ian tried to kill Arabella and I in the church to get back his perverted videos," Spencer reminded them all, pressing her hands down on the program resting on her leg. "And he went after Ali for the same reason."

Arabella sighed, "Yeah, but A had us convinced that Ian killed Alison. And now it's what, two miles from the kissing rock to Ali's house. I mean did she turn off the camera and walk home in the dark, alone?"

"Yeah, someone could've been waiting for her and surprised her when she got home," Hanna looked over at Arabella, who smiled at her gratefully.

Aria raised an eyebrow, "Like who?"

"Like Ian," Spencer shot at them, causing them all to turn their attention to her. "You know just because he didn't kill Alison at the kissing rock doesn't mean that he didn't do it an hour later."

Hanna was looking around at the girls warily, "If Ian didn't kill Ali, did A?" None of them answered, just shared glances and looked down, desperately needing to move on from the mystery that Alison's death was bringing. Hanna noticed their discomfort and turned to Aria, "So, did you invite Ezra to the show?"

"No, he's out of town presenting a paper at a conference," Aria said, seeming a bit disappointed. "Did you invite Caleb?"

Hanna scoffed, "Why would I do that?"