Chapter 10- Lips of an Angel

“Lips of an Angel”

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 10 (Heather)

It was so hot.  It was so sweet and damn, it was so good.  The many dreams that I had over the last several years of kissing Charlie just one more time failed miserably in comparison to the real deal that I was experiencing right now, right at this single solitary moment in the darkness of Charlie’s truck.

“Oh God” he whispered has his mouth started to trail along my jaw line in search for that special spot just below my ear, “You taste as good as I remembered, maybe even better” he added just before nipping at the tip of my ear lobe sending shudders rolling through my body.

One thing was for sure; Charlie was still just as skillful as ever when it came to pleasing a woman.  And going by the way his tongue was working against my skin, the man had improved, as if that were even possible.

“Charlie” I called out his name breathlessly once his mouth suctioned to that special spot that he had been searching for and moaned from the sheer ecstasy that I was feeling.  A white hot rush of desire burned somewhere deep in my center causing a moan to spill from my lips.  If only I could stay here in the haven of Charlie’s arms forever, I thought to myself briefly before losing myself once again in Charlie’s wet kisses.

His hand inched down and started to lightly caress the inner skin of my lower thigh.  It was a burning touch, a familiar touch that I had ached for longingly in the past and it seemed so surreal to be feeling it now.

But that was it, wasn’t it?  It was all the past.  The touches and the kisses were all memories of the past, not the present and not my future.  His hand continued to move further up my leg while my mind whirled with an array of distant thoughts.  A picture of Ella bloomed in my mind and try as I might to not like the girl, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Seeing her face was like a bucket of ice water being dumped over my head.

This was wrong, it all felt wrong.  Charlie.  Me.  The kisses.  The caresses.  They are nothing but a mere side effect of the emotional roller coaster that we have both been riding non stop since the time of my arrival.  Realizing this I suddenly pulled my mouth away from Charlie’s and weakly told him to “Stop”. 

“I can’t” he mumbled into the crook of my neck and continued to lay the softest of kisses against my skin.

“You have too” I told Charlie forcefully pushing him back away from me.  “We can’t do this.  You don’t really want this and neither do I” I said sounding a helluva lot more confident than I actually felt.

His hand continued its slow upwards rise up my leg and for a minute I almost gave in to him and the many pleasures I was sure he could offer but gritting my teeth I steeled myself for what I had to do.

“Charlie” I said more sternly and grabbed a firm hold of his hand, “I said that this has to stop!”

He stilled his movements and slowly pulled back from me.  His eyes were still slightly glazed over from the haze of passion but I could tell that he was thinking clearly now.

“What’s wrong?” Charlie spoke solemnly, “I can tell that you want this and I know that I want this so what’s the big deal Heather?” he asked his voice rising a decible higher as he spoke.

“We can’t do this” I repeated adverting my eyes away from him.  Looking at Charlie with that hurtful expression on his face only made me feel more sorrow, more pain.  He was reeling from the knowledge of our unborn child and desperately trying to hang on to something that was once there.