Chapter 6

Chapter 6  🚼7 weeks🚼 by the end of the chapter

"So what do we do now?" I ask as we sit on the couch in the living room. After Lucas practically shoved the ring in my hand, I invited him inside so we could talk in private.

"You should move in with me."

"I guess that makes sense."

"And we'll have to tell your parents and mine about the engagement, let alone our whole relationship."

"Lets get our facts straight then like how we met, how long have we been together, when is the wedding, the baby, et cetera."

"Well lets put a little truth in there, we met in a bar a few months ago and hit it off immediately."

"Wait, it has to be after I broke up with my ex."

"You want my parents and yours to believe that when we met six months ago we hit it off and now want to get married."

"We were friends while I was dating him, you had interest in me but didn't want to intrude, we broke up, you consoled me boom we're engaged."

"Do you do this kind of stuff a lot?" He ask suspiciously.

"No, I just have a very active imagination. Have ever since I was a child."

"Okay well I guess your story works with everything. When do you want to move in with me?"

"Friday evening after work is fine, I have work and packing to do this week."

"Alright I'll see myself out." He stood up and walked out the door.

Time for bed.

                          *****

It's Friday and I'm freaking out. All my stuff is in boxes my landlord already has my key to this place so now I'm just waiting for Lucas to come with the movers and take me away to his place. A knock on the door puts me into action.

Opening the door I find Lucas with three other guys behind him, "Hey, I hope you're ready."

"Uh yeah lets go."

For the next 25 minutes Lucas and the three other guys move my boxes of things that only contain my essentials along with my two suitcases'. All of the things I can't take with me, like furniture is going into a storage locker.

Lucas drove his car to his penthouse while I drove in my car trailing behind him. We make it to his penthouse apartment and park on the curb out side. Just by looking at the outside of the building, I could tell that the inside was going to be beautiful.

And boy, how right was I.

Walking through the front door a tan coloured hallway with multiply doors leads me straight to the living room, which has a giant window covering one wall. The living room has a mini bar which leads to the kitchen made for a chef, which is also where I will be spending most of my time, and a glass dining table behind the couch.

At the end of the hallway there was a staircase that led to the second floor, which had three bedrooms, the master -which was Lucas'-, and two spare, one would be mine and the other for our unborn child.

"I didn't really take you as someone with an eye for interior design." I tell him as we sit in the living room watching The Big Bang Theory reruns, eating Chinese takeout.

"Oh, no my older sister decorated this place for me because and I quote 'You have the amount of design taste as a colour blind donkey.' ." he said making his voice go a higher pitch at the end to imitate his sister.

"Tell me about yourself." I say curious to know more about him.

"Well I am the CEO of Harris Industries & Co.-" I cut him off.

"No I want to know about you, not your company. Tell me something I couldn't read off of Wikipedia."

"Okay, um, I have an older sister named Melissa, she's married, my parents names are John and Lisa and I don't know what else you want me to say."

"Gosh you're so boring. Let's just play twenty questions, I'll go first. Most embarrassing childhood story."

He takes a deep breath, sighs and runs a hand through his chocolate brown hair before starting. "So when I was about twelve years old, there was this girl I liked so I went up to her and said, 'Oh no I'm choking, I need mouth to mouth quick.' I went home with a black eye and a very bruised ego."

"Wow, what a Casanova." I giggled.

"Shut up, it's my turn now.  Okay, if you could choose any celebrity to be the father of your child who would you choose?"

"That's easy, Matt Bomer."

"Really?"

"Yeah he's really hot."

"You know he's gay right."

"I don't see your point. My turn, would you rather be rich or famous?"

"Well I'm already both so it doesn't matter."

"Answer the damn question Harris."

"I would rather be rich."

"Okay, your turn." I say not commenting on his answer.

"I'm going with the generic, what's your favourite colour?"

"Oh that's a hard one." I don't know why but I've always had a problem picking just one colour. "I can't just pick one, if you haven't noticed yet I'm a very indecisive person at times."

"What, do you feel bad for the other colours or something?" he asks me incredulously.

"A little." I respond holding my fingers to show how much.

He gives me a look that says 'Are you serious?' .

"To sum it up I love blues, purples and some greens."

"Took your time figuring that out." he murmurs.

"Shut up." I say playfully, softly hitting him with one of the throw pillows on the couch.

By the end of the game it was late and I was extremely tired, "It's been fun but I'm gonna hit the hay." I say getting off the couch stretching a bit.

His eyes linger as he responds a quiet agreement. Whispering a goodnight I walk upstairs to the bedroom I'm currently occupying getting my pj's  out to take a brisk shower then  sleep.

Lying in my bed there is only one thing on my mind.

Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all.

*****

Sixth chapter done and done. Picture above/to the side is Lucas' penthouse apartment, just imagine a TV where the separate chairs are, behind the coffee table.

Please excuse the mistakes this was a little rushed because I wanted to get this up pronto. Happy belated Thanksgiving to all the Americans and anyone else who celebrated.

Is there anything specific you guys would like to see or happen as the story goes on? I already have so much planned but I want some input from you guys too.

And thanks for all the support.

Have a wonderful day, afternoon, evening and night.