Epilogue

Epilogue  *5 months later* P.S I'm terrible at explaining so there's her dress, his suit, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen outfits.

*Slightly Edited*

"Lucas what on earth do you think you're doing?" Lisa pestered.

"No, give it to me I know you're going to find a way to ruin it." Maggie stole the platter from his hands and walked into the kitchen.

With a perplexed look on his face, Lucas made his way over to me on his mother's couch watching everything unfold.

"You're enjoying this aren't you." He accused me with a slight smile on his face while taking a seat next to me. "Everyone bossing me around from the second we stepped into the house."

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I take immense pleasure in this moment. It's kind of funny to see you like this." I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Well enjoy it while you can, I won't be seeing you for the rest of the night." Lucas says with a pout. Tomorrow being the wedding we aren't going to see each other until I'm walking down the aisle.

The kids and I are staying at Lisa and John's with Lisa, Maggie, my mom and sister Jasmine, Adriana who got here a week ago, and Melissa who has yet to show up. While Lucas will be at the penthouse with Brian, John, a few buddies from work, and oddly enough my father.

I lift my head as Adriana come strutting into the room with a twin on each hip and Jake waddling close behind.

"Best friend, best friends baby daddy." She greets looking at us with our respective titles. 

"You can't really call me that anymore ya know, we are getting married tomorrow." Lucas raises an eyebrow at her as she sits on a sofa across from us.

"Did you or did you not get my best friend pregnant, because if not then I don't know who's children I'm holding right now."

Just as they're about to get into it the front door opens.

"Knock, knock..." A familiar voice I haven't heard in person in a long time speaks. My suspicions are true as Melissa turns the corner and drops her bags at the door with a small smile on her face.

Though I know she's happy to see everyone in person again, her smiles don't quite reach her eyes.

"Ahh Melissa I'm glad you're finally here!" I push Lucas' arm off my shoulders and run to hug her.

"Hey girl, it's so good to finally see you in person and not on my laptop." I pull away slightly to look at her. "My gosh you are glowing."

"Yeah that California sun and heat does wonders." She says with a glint in her eyes that I can't recognize before it's gone. I finally release her to allow the others in the room to have their moment, by that I mean Lucas.

"Hey big brother,"

That's all it takes for him to rush over and engulf her in a hug.

"I swear if you leave like that again I will fly to California and drag you back myself." He mumbles into her hair.

"I'm sorry, really and truly. I promise to visit this time around." Mel pulls away slightly and looks up at Lucas.

"You better, things really went to s-h-i-t without you around here." He spells it out due to the little ears around us.

I introduce Adri and Mel before taking her to finally meet her niece and nephew who had no problems being cuddled in her arms due to the many video chats I've had with them around.