Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Lucas POV

I rested my head on her shoulder as soft snores came from her. My arms tightened slightly around her waist, my hands resting on her enlarged stomach.

This is probably one of the happiest moments I've ever had in my entire life. Waking up with a beautiful women by my side who is also pregnant with my two children.

To be honest I couldn't stop thinking about her after we met, I still remember meeting her in my club. Even though we were both intoxicated I thankfully have a great drunk memory. I was quite happy when she contacted me, even if it was to say she was pregnant, I was just glad that I had found her.

Jess stirred and turned towards me, "Good morning." she asked groggily.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" I ask giving her a kiss on the forehead

"It was great. How was yours?" she asked smiling making my heart soar.

"It was good." she was about to reply when the baby monitor went off, notifying us that Jake was awake. Thankfully he barely wakes up in the middle of the night now so we can actually get an almost goodnights sleep.

"I got him." I say starting to get out of bed.

"Oh no it's fine, I need something to do anyways." she says getting out of bed and going into Jake's room.

She is such an amazing person, I don't know how she does it. Being able to adapt to things so quickly, I honestly was so scared and obviously unprepared when Jake came into my life. I still thought that I had another few months to prepare for all of the hardships that came with being a parent, let alone to twins.

When we went to Jess' appointment that one time, when I came back from the bathroom into the waiting room and saw her talking to Jess, and I saw her holding a carrier with a baby, I was hoping so hard that it wasn't mine.

Jess went into the doctors room and I was going to follow until Lacey saw me and approached me saying that Jake was mine, I denied it because we had used protection, but obviously I was wrong.

Now I'm happy that Jake is here, I feel like he has brought Jess and I closer together and strengthened our relationship. My phone starts to ring bringing me out of my reverie, checking the caller ID I see that it's my mom.

"Hey mom, what's up?"

"Good morning, are you guys busy this evening?"

"No, why what's up?"

"I'm calling to invite you all to dinner, Maggie says that she has some important news to tell us." she says.

"Alright, we'll be there." I say stretching so my back cracks.

"Ok, see you guys later, I'll text you when you should be here."

"Okay mom, love you."

"Love you too dear."

"Bye."

"Bye." she hangs up the phone. I've always been a momma's boy, no matter how much she gets on my nerves sometimes or how much she pushes something on me, she's always the one that I go to, especially since I never really had a father figure in my life.

"Who was that on the phone?" Jess asks walking back into the room holding Jake securely. She settles on the bed and turns her head towards me.

"My mom, she wants us over for dinner tonight. She said that Maggie has some sort of big announcement." I tell her while playing with Jakes hand. 

"Are we bringing anything?"

"Why do we always have to bring something?" I ask.

"Because it's courteous to bring some sort of gift when someone invites you over to their house." she says in a duh tone.

"Well excuse me, Ms. Sassypants. No need to get so defensive." I smirk.

"Oh shut up."

"Oh shut up." I imitate her voice in one to many octaves too high.

Later on my mom texts me telling me that we need to be ready for 6. Other than that we go on with our normal routine. I do some work from home, and end up having to go out and buy some wine because Jess just won't show up to my mother's house empty handed.

After giving Jake his bottle I give him to Jess, and start to get ready as she is already dressed and ready to go. It seems that I am always the one last to get dressed.

I decide to wear a white button up shirt and some black dress pants, without a tie or a suit jacket because I can't stand tie's, yet I practically wear them for a living, and I don't feel like looking for a suit jacket so this will just have to do.

We make our way to my mom's house in record time and Jess knocks on the door holding the red wine I picked out and I grab Jake's carrier from the back seat.

I walk in the house and give my mom a kiss on the cheek while she fawns over Jake as per usual. Thankfully it seems that things have mostly gone back to normal since Mel left, John tells me that she still mopes around a little sometimes but for the most part she's ok now.

"So what's the big announcement?" I ask Maggie once we're all seated around the dining table, I notice that there's another seat at the table.

"I have a boyfriend." she says smiling widely. "He's going to be a little late though because he had to work a little late, so maybe around dessert he'll be here." Maggie smiles again.

So that explains the extra seat then.

"So what's he like?" Jess asks leaning closer to Maggie along with my mother once she sis down after putting to food out.

I blank out as they start to talk, I look at John and see he has the same sort of look on his face, I just concentrate on my food. It's not that I'm not happy for Maggie, it's that I would rather not hear about 'how hot he is.' and all of that girl stuff.

After dinner dessert is served and we start to eat while waiting patiently for Maggie's boyfriend to knock on the door.

Suddenly Maggie swears softly under her breath, "Sorry guys but her can't make it, his boss is making him stay late." she sighs disappointedly.

"It's ok Mags, next time yeah?" Jess says ever the optimistic.

"Yeah I just really wish you guys would be able to meet him."

"Sorry Mags but Jess, Jake and I had better get going now." everyone stands and clears their plates, then Jess, Jake and I head home.

*****

Happy Friday, TGIF.

Did you guys like Lucas' POV?

What about Maggie's mysterious boyfriend?

So serious question, in the next chapter they find out the genders of the babies do you guys think it will be,

A- Two girls

B - Two Boys

or

C - A boy and a girl

Anywhore have a spending day, afternoon, evening and night.