Chapter 10

Sirius looks over at me and gives a small smile. "Be safe." He says before holding me close and appearating. We land in Diagon Alley, right outside the Leaky Couldren. "I will." I whisper before standing on my tippy toes to kiss him. I let go of his hand and open the door to the pub.
"Hey guys!" I exclaim, walking over to the booth my friends all ready got us. "Sev! Lucy! Cissy! Reggie!" I yell, hugging every one of them. Although I'm a bit reluctant to hug Reggie. He's my best friend though, so I do it anyways.
"Bella." I say less excitedly. I sit down next to Sev, and sip the butterbeer with ginger they ordered me. "Why did the chicken cross the road?" I ask Sev all of a sudden, because he's the only one who gets muggle jokes. "To get to the other side?" He questions. "Nope." I say, popping the p. "To get to the ugly guy's house. Knock knock." I say, trying to hold in my giggles. "Who's there?" Sev asks with a sigh. He isn't happy very often. He has the pressure of being a death eater, and his abusive father. I tell him jokes in an attempt to cheer him up. "It's the chicken!" I yell in Sev's ear. Sev looks over to me with a slight smile on his face. "Ha-ha." He says in a sarcastic voice. I smile at him. "I called you ugly." I say. "Yes, I'm aware of that." Sev replies. "And you laughed about it." I say. "Sarcastically." Sev says. "Hey Sky." Lucy says. "What?" I reply. "I bet I can make you say blue." I grin. "Go ahead." What color are fire engines?" I pretend to think for a moment. "Red!' I say. Lucy laughs. "Told you I could make you say red!" He exclaims. "No you didn't, you said blue-oh dang it." I say, and then laugh.
Bellatrix rolls her eyes and goes to get a cup of tea. When she comes back, she "accidentally" trips and the hot tea spills all over me. "Ow! Ow!" I jump up and scream. I know regular muggle tea isn't very hot, but magic tea is really really really freaking hot. "Sky! Oh my Merlin! You're getting blisters!" Reggie shouts. "What do we do?" Lucy asks. "I don't know!" Sev exclaims. Cissy rolls her eyes. "Come with me, Sky." She says. We walk into Diagon Alley and into an apothecary.
"Hello Robert." Cissy greets the man behind the counter. "Hello there Mrs. Black. How are you today?" He asks. "Well, today has been fairly-" Cissy gets cut off by me. "Can we maybe hurry it along Cissy. My arms and face hurt." I say through gritted teeth. "My friend here was burnt by some tea." Cissy says. Robert nods. "I have just the thing." He digs under the counter for a moment before reappearing with a small tub. "Here you go. On the house today. Happy new years!" Robert says. "Thank you!" Cissy says and then immediately opens the tub and rubs some green paste on my arms. It smells like dragon dung.
It makes a nasty hissing noise and smokes. It stings also. "Ow ow ow!" I shout. After a minute, the pain resides and my arms feel much better. The paste sinks into my skin, and nothing but a bit of redness is left.
While Cissy and I walk back to the Leaky Couldren, we have girl talk. "So, what's it like? Being with Lucy, I mean." Cissy sighs. "I have to marry him Sky! My family cares about pureblood status, and I don't! I just have to pretend that I do! My sister is the perfect child, marrying into the Lestrange family, she is." I nod. "I'm sorry. Do you think you could love him?" I ask. Cissy sighs again. "I don't know. He can be a good person I suppose, but he's one of them. I don't want to be one of them!" I put a hand on her shoulder. "Cissy, it's okay. They can't change you. They can make you marry Lucy, they can make you one of them, but they can never make you not Cissy. You will always be Cissy." Cissy stops suddenly and hugs me tightly. "What would I do without you?" She asks. "Die." I respond seriously. Then we both burst out laughing.
    I look at my watch to see that it's almost six thirty. "Dang it! I'm late for dinner! Mum will kill me!" I say. "Don't worry! I'll have Lucy appearate you home." I sigh. "That will go over real great. Hey mum. Oh, that was just a Malfoy bringing me home." I say sarcastically. "It's your only choice." Cissy says as we arrive at the rest of our friends. "Lucy! I really need to go home, now." I say. Lucy grabs my arm and then we're twisting.
    When we land, I yell, "Thanks Lucy!" Before running into the house. Dinner started at six sharp, and mum is going to have a fit. Sure enough, when I walk through the door, I hear my mother's voice yell from the dining room. "Skylar Mariana Potter! Is that you?" I give a silent sigh.
    "Yes mum. It's me." I wait for the explosion that's about to happen. "Come in here." She says calmly. Oh no. That's not good. "Yes mum?" I ask, walking into the dining room.
    My mum gives me a victorious grin. "This is Andrei Lucnusis. He is the headmaster of Durmstrang. You know, the magic school." I smile at the man sitting at the table. "Yes, I believe I've heard of it. Nice to meet you Headmaster Lucnusis." The headmaster smiles at me. "Greetings Mrs. Potter. I have heard of your magic." I turn to my mum. "And what business is happening here?" I ask.
    My mother begins to speak, the victorious smile never leaving her lips. "We've decided that you're not getting the proper discipline at Hogwarts, so Professor Lucnusis has agreed to let you attend Durmstrang during the last semester of the year, next year, and they even have a collage! It's four years, and I can't wait for you to attend!" My mouth falls open. "Mum. You can't be serious." My mother looks me in the eye, still smiling wickedly. "Do I look like I'm joking?"