Chapter 20

One and a half years later

Dead. Lily and James are dead. My brother and my sister in-law are dead. It's some kind of miracle Harry survived. Today is the funeral, and Regulus is accompanying me. We don't have to hide anymore. Voldemort is gone. Sirius betrayed Lily and James. He was a death eater all along. They trusted him!
I was asked to speak about James, so I stand and walk up to the podium. "James Potter. Father, friend, and brother. After we started Hogwarts, things weren't the easiest. It was quite hard actually. We were polar opposites. Eventually, however, we made up. That was the kind of person James was. He loved Lily since he first saw her on the Hogwarts express. She absolutely detested him. Finally, they got together. And all was well for awhile. Harry was born, and everything was perfect. James had everything he ever wanted. It was all perfect. And that's how he died: with a perfect life." I say, silently crying. I walk back to my seat beside Regulus, and he takes my hand and squeezes it. "It's okay Sky." He whispers softly.
The next few months are so hard. I however, am given custody of my nephew. Dumbledore explained that he must live with his own flesh and blood for him to be protected, and that it's possible Voldemort will return.
Reggie absolutely adores Harry, and helps me take care of him. I know Regulus wants children of his own someday, and I do too. But one baby is enough for now. We try to keep Harry inside do to the fact that his scar is very visible and also very famous.
In January, Regulus wants to start talking about our wedding. We discuss it for three days, but decide we should have it in June, before Harry's birthday. That gives us four months to plan. Cissy will be my maid of honor of course. She's already agreed, even though I hadn't seen her in so long.
Sev is taking Lily's death hard. I appearate to his house sometimes to make sure he's eating and stuff. He isn't doing well.
Remus has agreed to walk me down the isle, since my parents are dead. Not that I would have asked my father anyway. He never cared one bit. James however, was completely broken over mum and dad's deaths. Not even Lily could cheer him up.
Remus has finally gotten over his crush on me I believe, since he found out I'm getting married. He's what he always was; a best friend. He is the only Marauder left. Sirius murdered Peter before being sent to Azkaban, and James was murdered. Remus and I still have our watches we communicate with, and we use them daily. Why wouldn't we? He's my best friend.
Regulus and I have began to plan out our wedding. "Roses." I tell him. "Lots and lots of roses everywhere!" I say giddily, plopping down on Regulus's lap. "Whatever makes you happy, love." He says, kissing my hand. "We can have all the roses you want." He says.
I get judged a lot for being with Regulus. All because he still bears the dark mark on his left arm. He always felt the need to wear long sleeves until I found a disillusionment cham to cover it. Everybody thinks that I would run from Regulus, because his former leader killed my brother. They have no clue that he was forced into it. I love Regulus for Regulus, and I wouldn't change him for anything.

Sorry for the short chapter, but wedding stuff is next! Starting it now! :)