The Moving

Yuzuru's POV 

I felt quite sad to leave Father and Saya back in Japan, but I had to go to Toronto. Brian Orser has taught many great skaters, and hopefully I will improve under his guidance. My English was terrible as well, and I did not improve much despite lessons... I need to work on that...

"Yuzu? We're here." Mother gently tapped my shoulder, and we alighted from the small van. I began helping my mother unload the baggage and numerous boxes.

"Thank you Mark-San!" We both bowed as Mark-san drove away, smiling at us.

We were moving into a really big house, well, big by Japanese standards. Surprisingly, it was very well furnished and maintained. We took about 4 hours to unpack and settle down. My room was rather big, with a bed in a corner with a small window facing the neighbours' house. It was brightly lit and very pleasant.

That night, mother and I had a small hotpot and settled to sleep in our rooms. I couldn't sleep.

I miss Father.

I miss Saya.

I miss my friends.

But this is for my own good.

Eh? I could hear soft music. The sound of piano playing. The tune carried immense sorrow to my ears, and I teared up. The song made me think of my family back in Japan.

I sat up and looked through my window, and there was a silhouette of a girl playing the piano in the next house.