Stubborn

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS hahaha today is the day of his SP!!! Wish Yuzu all the best :-)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yuzuru's POV

At Finlandia, I did pretty alright in my short programme. As my senior debut, I have to say, the competition here is insane.

The way these people land their quads... It made me feel like a puppy sliding on ice.

But today is different. Mum's sitting on the front row, watching my senior debut. Koharu and Coach Brian are on rink side, watching me.

Coach Brian has somewhat increased Koharu's job scope ever since she bandaged my hand, seeing how she was pretty good with injuries and medical stuff. She follows us around, and I'm really happy. For some reason.

I want to prove that I'm not as weak as I seem. I'm strong.

I can be strong.

Through the free programme, everything goes smoothly for the first half. I hum along to the music in between jumps. Everything is muscle memory, by now. By the second half, as usual, I'm a little winded. Every landing takes effort, and spins knock the breath out of me.

Hold, my mind yells in defiance, as I push through my last spin.

(Tiny AN: I'm feeling pissed again because Wattpad is trying to bold all of my sentences so screw off, stupid poos)

I strike my finishing pose, grinning all the way to my ears.

I did it.

Squatting on the ice, I hug my knees, still grinning crazily.

I did well at my senior debut.

I'm aware of the light wheezing I produce whenever I exhale.

But I'm stronger than they think.

I weakly bow, nearly tripping over myself, before heading over to rink side, where I give Brian a hug.

"Good boy," he praises, patting my back.

I pat his back too, too tired to say anything.

"Thanks, coach," I manage to say, but there's a slight wheeze in my voice.

He frowns.

"You okay? You don't look so good," he says, looking at me.

"I'm good, thanks," I reassure, before I go off to kiss and cry.

A familiar figure approaches me, and grabs my arm firmly.

Her dark eyes hold no humor, just seriousness.

She studies me, and her eyes soften.

"Are you okay?" She asks in Japanese, in case Brian hears.

"I'm ok," I say.

Why is everyone fussing over me again?

"You don't look okay. Where is your inhaler? You really can't keep forcing yourself like--" she continued, but I felt really annoyed, for some reason.