Boundaries

GUYS IS THIS GETTING TOO BORING IM SORRY OKAY I can end the story in another few parts wait wait

Koharu's POV

Yuzu was so sweet today.

He actually cooked for me.

Sometimes I'm not sure if I deserve such a good boyfriend.

We had a slow dance in my living room, occasionally stubbing our toes, but it was something we shared together.

And when I leaned in for a kiss, he was a little startled, but he kissed back.

I took his hand, and we went to the backyard, where we lay on the trimmed grass and looked at the stars.

"You can't really see stars in Toronto, though," I mutter, disappointed.

"Why would I need those stars when I've got the brightest one here?" He catches my hand that's dangling in mid air, pointing to nothing in particular, and brings it to his chest.

His rhythmic rise and fall of his chest soothes me.

"I like to grow dandelions," I note, plucking one beside his head and giving it to him.

He looks at it, and sneezes.

I immediately take it away from him.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry," I whisper, making sure no dandelion seeds were near him.

"I guess we can't do romantic stuff like flowers and dandelions," he mused, laughing so hard that he started coughing.

"I love you," I say in Japanese, stroking his hand with my thumb.

It's something that I can say out loud in front of Brian and the boys, because it's our language.

Only he understands what I mean, and only I understand what he means.

It's our little world.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yuzuru's POV

We gaze at the stars for the rest of the evening, and I notice that my speaker is playing "Starry Starry Night" softly.

I turn my head, wanting to tell Koharu how much I loved that song, but she's fast asleep, her hand entwined with mine.

I get up, and gently pick her up into my arms, and she shifts, mumbling my name in her sleep.

I carry her into her bedroom, and tuck her in gently, taking off her spectacles and wiping off that blue pen ink smudge on her cheek.

I smile a little at her peaceful sight and give her a small peck on her forehead.

"You're beautiful," I say softly as I leave.

When I reach home, mother is in her nightgown, cleaning the kitchen.

"I could see you from the window, you know," she smiles.

I blush and mutter "oh stop it", rushing up to my bedroom.

Koharu...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The next day, Coach calls us to gather for a bit.

"Boys, we have a new teammate for a few months, his name is Tadashi Nakamura," he announces, fumbling with the Japanese surname.