Chapter 42

Fix a heart

Chapter 42

"It has been a very long time since I've received a gift as extraordinary as you." -Aimee Carter

Harry's POV:

**7 Months Later**

I usher Blair up to the tall, familiar building, my hand on her lower back as I walk behind her. We had come to see her father, he's been moved from the hospital to a new one, a Physical Therapy center to try and help him walk again. Blair wanted to come and see his progress.

"Peter Withers please...." Blair tells the desk operator. She makes us scribble our names onto a sticker before we have to place them on our shirts, taking the familiar route down the hallway.

Once we reach his door, Blair lays a small hand onto the handle before peeking inside to make sure he's awake. She smiles over at me before opening the door all the way, walking into the room happily. I let go of her hand that I had been holding so she could embrace her dad.

"Hey daddy." I could hear the happiness in her voice as she hugs him, her face buried into his neck; somewhat like what she does with me.

"Hey Peter." I smile, leaning down to give him a gentle hug of my own, his hand patting at my back.

****

We had stood at the window and watched as two nurses helped Peter from his wheel chair, Blair smiling excitedly as she witnesses him take two small steps forward so he could lean against the railings which are stationed there for his uses.

There's a rail on either side of him that he can hold onto, his grip on it tight as he try's his best to take more steps. Blair's smile somewhat fades as he shakes his head in defeat, the nurses scrambling over to him to help him back into his wheelchair.

"Hey." I get her attention, her hand slipping from the glass of the window as she turns to me. Her blue eyes lock with mine, her dark hair curled around her face.

"He'll get there, love." I comfort her, her arms wrapping around me softly for a hug before her father is wheeled out the door. I take hold of his wheelchair handles, taking him from the nurses to begin walking back down the hallway to his room.

***

Blair's hair falls around her face as she pulls a chair up to the side of Peters bed, me doing the same. "So do you like Physical Therapy?" Blair asks.

I look around the room. It smells like bleach, hand sanitizer, and lemon cleaner but other than that its a nice room. Blair has done all she can to get the best for him, and I even contributed money for him to have a good room, and for his Physical Therapy. I didn't dare let Blair know how much money I actually gave though. She would kill me.

"It gets me tired afterwards." Peter tells Blair, his shaky hand reaching out to grab hers. She squeezes onto it as he leans his head back against his pillow, closing his eyes.

"Do you want some food?" Blair asks him. The simple nod of his head makes her stand up, willing to go retrieve whatever it is he wants.

"I'll be right back okay?" She tells us, and I didn't tell her that I would do it for her since I've been trying to speak to her dad alone.

When she walks out the door we are left in silence for a while, and I decide to speak up before she gets back.

"Peter?" I ask.

He turns his head to the side, raising his eyebrows in question.

"What would you say..." I trail off with a nervous laugh, leaning forward in my chair to rest my elbows on my knees.