Chp. 14

for the pic on da side

ahaha.. ahaha... poor kaelyn... XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                =14=

=Kaelyn=

          Sunlight filtered through the treetops, creating a pleasant warmth on my face. I woke up slowly, enjoying the nice heat. Tossing my head gently, I took in my surroundings. 

          Lots and lots of trees. Oh, and some bushes and patches of grass...

          Philip!

          I blinked in surprise at the thought. Since when did I ever refer to my prince by his first name? Clearly I'm going slightly insane. Once we are safely back at home, then everything will be back to normal. 

          If I was right, It was about mid-morning. It was time to reappear by the prince's side again. I trotted through the woods, continuing the circular route I had begun to throw off the prince off track. I believed that if I had come back from the direction that 'Aurora' had left, then maybe he would become suspicious. I found myself back at the river again. Once I turned round the bend, I should run straight into the camp the prince had made that night. Slowly I made my way in that direction.

          I didn't expect the prince to be bathing.

          Frozen in place, I sort of choked on my own breath as I watched him submerge himself under the clear water. 

          Maybe he's wearing pants...

          My eyes traveled over to a large boulder on the river bank. Apparently the prince had washed his clothes... I coughed again, feeling incredibly embarrassed. I really had not anticipated this. Maybe I should've since I was the one who had been silently begging him to wash ever since we entered the Dark Woods... But still!

          Before I could run off into the woods again, the prince resurfaced. And he saw me. Thankfully the water came up to his waist, and the flowing water obscured everything below that. Not that I had been peeking of course. That is beyond improper and so... disturbing.

          Thank goodness horses are incapable of blushing.

          "There you are!" He called over to me. "Where in the blazes have you been?" He shook his head, sending water droplets flying everywhere. His body shimmered a little as the sun hit the many trails of water that ran down it. Water that was trickling over nicely tone muscles on his chest and arms... 

          "I've been looking for you almost all morning!" I snorted at that. Clearly he had been washing his clothes. And himself. He grinned at my response.

          "Ok," the prince held up his hands in surrender. "Maybe not all morning. But I was worried."

          He waved to me, gesturing me to join him in the river.

          "I'm sure you have some grime on you that would feel good to wash off." 

          My body doesn't like to listen to my logical and sensible mind. Seven steps, and the cold water lapped at my ankles. I halted for a second, adjusting briefly to the temperature.

          Stop now.

          Four more steps and the frigid river water was at my knees.