Chp. 22 (pt. 1)

btw Gabriella is NOT old. =w=

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                   =22=

                                                                                  (pt. 1)

=Henry=

          Gabriella used two fingers to walk upwards on his bare chest. It tickled slightly.

          This turned out well... 

          Sighing contentedly, Henry pulled Gabriella just a little bit closer. Her warm skin against his was pure bliss. However, now that they had their fun, it was time to go back to the real world. Time to resume their search for his prince.

           "Are you feeling rejuvenated yet?" Henry chuckled as he played with her hair.

           "Mmm, quite so," Gabriella purred, cuddling closer to Henry. "I think you have excellent 'relaxation' techniques. Thank you."

           "I could share some more with you, however we have a prince to bring home," reluctantly Henry pried himself away. "He's close, I can feel it." With new resolve, he got up and pulled his shirt over his head. "I just need to try and remember where he was."

           He heard Gabriella sigh quietly, and then the soft creaking of the bed as she stood up as well.

           "Only a couple hours of play before duty and honor pull us right back to square one." She groaned as she fixed her hair into a fancy bun. "I guess there are more important things than discovering a new pastime..."

           Henry began pacing around the room, his brain now working full speed. Gabriella rolled her eyes and ignored him, choosing to focus on her spell books. Both were at it for an hour before Henry paused for the millionth time with words on the tip of his tongue.

           "I've been racking my mind for any details I might've missed when I got to see Philip. It's so hard though, but I keep returning to the smell of trees. Do you think that might be a clue?"

           Gabriella sighed and closed the heavy volume she'd just been reading.

           "I don't know Henry. All I do know is, that at the time, I barely had enough strength to provide you with a good sense of your surroundings. You were lucky if you managed to catch the slightest scent." She then picked up a small ball and began to watch it levitate a few inches from her palm. Henry frowned, wondering if perhaps she might be taxing the slight bit of remaining powers she had before they could recover.

           "Relax Henry," Gabriella stated dryly. "I'm weakened, but not drained completely of my magic abilities." 

           Henry shook his head, but decided to let it go. Gabriella seemed to have a handle on her limits now. It would be the best idea to have a little faith in her. His eyes crossed over the room, trying to search for any source of inspiration that would help him in remembering what he experienced only a night ago.

           "I was carried a fair distance away from the castle. Not too much farther than where Philip, Alex and I were ambushed," a hint of sorrow at the thought of Alex made him pause. "At least I think it was around that area. It was dark, so I couldn't really see anything."