Chapter Nine

Riley's POV:

After we left the music shop, we went for ice cream, then returned to the boys' hotel room. We were currently sitting on the sofa-bed, playing truth or dare... worst mistake of my life. Truth or dare with four guys at midnight... don't ever try it.

"Riley, truth or dare?" That's how it started. We sat down, and that was the first thing out of Calum's mouth. Being the total chicken I was, I said,

"Truth...?" The boys all laughed at me as Calum thought of a good question to ask me.

"Okay... who's the most attractive one here?" He asked, and everyone looked at me expectantly. Lucky for me I was clever.

"Hmm, most attractive? Here? I'd have to say me..." Then I laughed nervously and looked at the blankets I was sitting on. Michael looked at me with a surprised smile, like he was about to start laughing.

"Wow," He said looking me in the eyes. "That was great, Riley. Smart answer. Your turn!" I looked around.

"Ashton, truth or dare?"

"Dare!" He shouted with confidence, and I couldn't help but giggle. I had a terrible plan.

"I dare you... to cuddle Michael until I say you can get up!" Yupp... I was evil. Ashton stood while Luke and Calum died of laughter, and Michael gave me a death glare. Ashton sat down between Michael and I, and wrapped his arms around Michael's neck. The two snuggled down and I literally rolled onto my back laughing. It was too much. Luke snapped a photo to post, then I sat up. "Okay... you can... you can stop now! This... this is too much!" I said between giggles, and Ashton jumped up and took his previous spot on the rocking chair.

"Luke, truth or dare?" He asked while he took his seat.

"Dare." He replied quickly. Ashton thought for a moment.

"I dare you to make out with that lamp." Ashton said, pointing at a small lamp on the coffee table next to one of the beds. Luke stood up and walked over to the lamp.

"Come here, sexy," He said in a dirty voice, before grasping the lamp and kissing it. Everyone was on the floor rolling with laughter at Luke and Lamp's make out session.

He finished up and sat back down in his spot, and drummed his fingers until we all stopped laughing. "Calum! Truth our dare?" He called when we had finally calmed down.

That's how it went for hours, literally. As it turned out, Calum ended up showing us his butt tattoo - which I did NOT need to see - Ashton had to tell us about his first kiss, Michael had to give Ashton a piggyback ride around the hotel room, and Luke went to the bathroom and turned his clothes inside out, and had to wear them that way for the rest of the night. I was playing it safe, always taking truth over dare, until the last question, when I decided to be stupid or brave, I wasn't sure which. Luke called on me.

"Ri, truth or dare?"

"Dare!" They all gasped and looked at me, as that was the first time the word had made it out of my mouth all night. Luke wiggled his eyebrows.

"I dare you to... kiss Michael." My eyes widened and I looked at Michael, who was sitting next to me. He had an equal expression as he watched me shift uncomfortably. I finally sat up and crawled over to him. He stayed as he was, lounged on the sofa-bed, his back against the back of the sofa, and I crawled over him. I leaned my face in, until we were less than an inch apart, and we stared at each other. I looked at his eyes, infatuated with the incredible colors mixed into the green, and shivered when our noses brushed.

"Ri, you don't have to do this if you don't want to, you know that?" He whispered.

"I know." I replied. I leaned in further and he closed his eyes, and just before our lips touched, I turned my head and lightly kissed his cheek. I felt his smile as my lips lingered there for a second, then I backed up. He grinned at me, and I smirked.