Chapter 19

Chapter 19

It was easy to live in a fantasy world for the rest of the week, come the following Monday that all changed. It was time to stop lying and hiding the truth. Lena was nervous. She paced her bedroom that Monday morning, trying to find the perfect outfit to tell her friends about her new boyfriend. Did such an outfit exist? Probably not, because she wasn’t finding it.

“I can hear you stomping away from downstairs.” Mel appeared at the doorway. “What’s going on? PMS?”

“I wish. I know my friends can be crazy stuck up bitches but they are my friends, I don’t want to lose them.” Her hands hadn’t stopped shaking all morning.

“They aren’t your real friends if they ditch you because of who you’re sexing up.”

Lena laughed. “You are so weird. Who said anything about sex?” she had only told her sister and mother that she and Zander were dating, nothing more. Her mother was shocked to hear such news, considering Lena and Zander fought worse than cats and dogs fever now. Mel shrugged and said it was about time they figured it out.

“Zander can’t keep a secret from me, it’s a fault of his he can’t control. I also might’ve found a bra under his bed.” Mel said with a nonchalant shrug of both her shoulders. 

“How do you know it was mine? It could’ve been there from another girlfriend.” Lena didn’t like thinking about that, or the red hot jealously for an unknown girl threatening to send steam from her ears.

Mel started to ramble as she flipped through a magazine left on Lena’s bed. “He’s never had another girlfriend. I think he was the last living virgin in our class.”

Suddenly everything Lena felt just a minute was gone. All she could see or hear was the huge shocker Mel just spit out. “What?!”

Mel’s head shot up. “What, what?”

“Zander was a virgin? No way in hell.”

Mel’s green eyes went wide, automatically she tried to cover her earlier mistake. “I didn’t say that.”

“Yes you did, five seconds ago!”

“I’m high off some cough medicine and say stupid shit. I’ll be going now.”

“Mel!” Lena was the cheerleader, the athletic twin, she jumped and blocked the door in record speed. “You can’t lie to save your life, never have.”

“Not true. I lied last week, when I said that dress didn’t make you look fat. We’re going to be late if you don’t slap on some clothes already. I don’t want to catch detention because you want to be fashionably late, come on woman!”  Mel clawed her way past her twin and managed to get out in the hallway.

“I’m going to kill you!”

“I love you too!” Mel chuckled, already halfway to the living room.

Lena groaned and marched back into her room. The pile of clothes lay forgotten on the bed, she couldn’t coordinate an outfit right now if the world depended on it. All her thoughts were on Zander. She thought back to their first night together last week, yes she had been a little drunk but had she really missed it was his first time? She knew for a fact he didn’t tell her. There hadn’t been a lot of conversing going on in during the intense parts.

The bedroom door opened and this time it was Zander. He showed up every morning to accompany them to school. “Is something going on? Mel refuses to say a word—oh, hello.” His eyes noticed her lack of clothing. The only thing she had been able to settle on was the underwear she was wearing for the day.