☆Three☆

December 17th, 2016

Every time I die, it seems to take longer and longer for me to wake up and maybe one day-- I won't. For now the Cullen's seem to have bought the story of a miracle, but I wonder how long that will last. I was traveling home from the store, placing a final order for the house, when a stupid deer ran out infront of my car. I need to be more careful from now on. One moment, I remember tumbling down a cliff and the next I was waking up in Emmett's arms. I remember we were running in the woods, but we were running too fast and everything was a blur. I'm still in shock that it was Emmett who came to my rescue. I have so many questions, and I'd hoped that things between us would change-- but boy was I ever wrong...

I stood in the living room, making some last minute adjustments, throwing a blanket over the back of an euro style chair, when the cleaning crew informed me they had finished. I quickly paid them and went back to staging my masterpiece, listening to the front door open and close a few times. It was easy for me to get lost in my work, and as I began setting the table in the formal dining room, I gasped and jumped back, dropping all the silverware I'd been carrying in my hands.

"Sorry," Emmett muttered as he just stood there, eyeing me as I picked up the mess.

"Can I help you?" I snapped, not even bothering to hide the irritation in my voice. My anger only continued to rise as he showed no intentions of helping me.

"Yeah," he huffed, rolling his eyes. "Everyone's just wondering, how much longer?"

I knew everyone was excited for the unveiling, but the rudeness in his tone of voice was just absolutely uncalled for.

"Have I done something to upset you, Emmett?" I asked, huffing as I got back up to my feet.

"What?"

Slamming the silver wear down on the table, I let out a heavy sigh. With my hip propped against the table, I ran my hands through my hair before letting my arms settle across my chest.

"It's pretty obvious that you hate me," I replied, nearly choking on the words. "I'm just wondering why."

I wasn't sure where this sudden emotional outburst was coming from, but as I stood there, angrily waiting for an explanation, tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to spill over.

My eyes widened as he moved forward, and within two of his long strides, I suddenly found myself pinned between the table and Emmett's incredibly powerful body. He loomed over me and for the first time since we'd met, he looked down at me with something other than hostility in his eyes.

"You think I hate you?" he whispered as he cupped my chin with his hand.

I trembled against him, shrugging my shoulders in response as I shrank back from his touch. A brief look of sadness, flashed across his face. His large hand sliding around to the back of my neck as his icy fingers forced my face to look up at him. With blinding speed, he dragged his mouth over mine, crushing our lips together with need and desire.

"I've been wanting to do that, since the moment I laid eyes on you," he mumbled.

I was taken back as he kissed me again, his arousal throbbing painfully against me as his fingers dug into the soft flesh on my waist. I certainly wasn't expecting any of this, I had truly believed Emmett hated me. But I didn't mind, and I definitely wasn't planning on pulling away anytime soon.

Suddenly, a deep growl caught in the back of Emmett's throat, sending shivers up my spine. As he pulled away, I could see the frustration and anger all over his face, but I was speechless as to why and stood there bewildered and all alone. The front door slammed open and realization dawned on me, but how on earth had Emmett heard them coming.

As the footsteps of his family grew closer, Emmett moved further and further away. I looked over at him and noticed his eyes were almost black with anger.

"I tried to stop them," Alice apologized as she trailed behind Edward and Bella, "but they wouldn't listen to me."

I had assumed she was talking to me, but as I followed her gaze, I realized her attention was actually focused on Emmett, not me. I frowned in confusion, but as the rest of the Cullen's entered the room, I decided to let it go.

Much to Alice's excitement, I announced it was finally time for me to show the family their new home. For the most part, the Cullen's seemed pleased, and the guys were extremely excited for the new theater room, but I knew everyone was secretly dying to see their own rooms.

When I heard Bella, squeal in delight as she entered her room, I knew I had finally won over her cold and hardened heart. With a little help from Alice and Edward, I had learned that Bella loved the color blue, and along the wall, above her and Edward's bed, I had her favorite quote hand painted- 'There is sweet music that softer falls, than petals from blown roses on the grass. Music that brings sweet sleep down from the blissful skies.'

From my spot in the hallway, I smiled as I continued to listen to everyone's excited chatter, but one room in the house remained eerily silent. I headed down the hall and stood quietly in the doorway, watching as a distraught Emmett sat on the edge of his bed.

"Is everything ok?" I gently prodded, slowly making my way towards him.

He looked up at me slowly, with so much pain and sadness, but his eyes quickly darkened with anger and I suddenly feared for my life. As he stood up with clenched fists, I sensed the need to run, but my legs felt heavy, rooted in place.

"Why would you paint my room purple?" he yelled, stalking forward.

I silently cursed, stumbling backwards as his eyes turned black as night.

What the hell was going on here, I though.

All of a sudden Emmett turned from me, lashing out in anger as he shredded the covers and sheets from the bed. With a swipe of his hand, the lamp on his nightstand went flying across the room, shattering against the wall mere inches from my head. He paused, glancing in my direction, but only for a moment before yanking the flat screen off the wall. As Jasper and Edward pushed past me, I remained frozen in place watching in horror as he destroyed all my hard work.

Tears brimmed my eyes as he screamed for me to get out. Just moments ago, I had found this man to be incredibly sexy and alluring. Now all that was left was this rabid bear, struggling against his own brothers.

I was at a complete loss for words as I turned on my heel and ran past everyone gathered in the hall. What had I done, I mentally screamed at myself. Wasn't he the one just kissing me a moment ago?

Grabbing my coat, I slipped on my boots and rushed out the front door. It was freezing outside and beginning to snow but I didn't care. I needed to get the hell out of here.

I rushed into the forest, just as big fat tears began rolling down my cheeks. I tried to trudge forward, but it was becoming increasingly harder for me to see and the snow was quickly growing ankle deep. Using the back of my hand, I wiped at the tears that were freezing to my face, but that wasn't what was impairing my ability to see. 

Fear took hold of my heart in it's icy grasp, as I frantically twirled about. I couldn't see a thing behind or in front of me and it was growing darker outside by the minute. Great, just great, I thought as the winds and storm howled all around me. I was standing in the middle of a fricken snow storm.