☆《Eight》☆

Emmett-

As soon as I stepped into the house, I could tell something was off. I rushed towards Evie's bedroom, letting the door fling open with a bang. Peering inside, Evie looked like she'd seen a ghost, but as far as I could tell nothing was wrong.

A look of disapointment crossed my face when I realized she was still in the towel from her shower.

"I thought you'd have been ready by now," I pouted as I walked into her room.

"I'm having trouble finding something to wear," she said before quickly dissapearing into her closet.

"Well, hurry up and find something," I shouted to her. "I'm dying to show you your surprise!"

Moments later, she emerged from the closet and announced she was ready to go. I helped her with her scarf and coat before lifting her off her feet. She began to protest, but I cut her off.

"You weigh as much as a penny," I argued. "So just shut up and let me do this," I smiled.

"But why aren't we taking the ATV?"

"Because this is faster," I lied, and before she could say anything more, we flashed off at vampire speed towards the house.

When we got there, the rest of my family was gathered outside waiting for us. Alice smiled as I nodded at her, letting me know that everything was all set up and ready to go.

"Come on, let's go around back," I told everyone. "I think Santa might have left Evie a surprise back there," I teased.

I was in the process of helping navigate Evie through the deep snow drifts and ice, when suddenly Bella cried out,  slipping and falling to the ground.

"See?" Bella angrily said to Edward as she pointed towards me and Evie. "Emmett helps Evie through the snow, why can't you help me?" she asked.

"Because," Edward chuckled, "you're a vampire," he replied as he wrapped his arms around her waist and hoisted her back up on her feet. Bella playfully smacked him in the arm before he finally picked her up and carried her the rest of the way.

As we rounded the side of the house, Evie's jaw dropped as she looked forward in awe at the black Volkswagen GTE Active that was parked outside.

"Someone got a car for Christmas?" she asked as she stood looking at the luxury SUV.

"You got a car for Christmas," I whispered into her ear as I dangled the keys in front of her face.

"It's too much," she protested with a shake of her head.

"It's really not," I replied.

"But it had to of cost a fortune," she insisted.

"We're vampires," Edward chuckled. "We have more fortune than we know what to do with."

I thought she might try to protest some more, but much to my excitement, she grabbed the keys and ran over to her new SUV.

"I can't believe you even got a big red bow on it!" she exclaimed. "How in the world did you do that?"

"He didn't," Jasper simply stated.

"We did," Edward pointed at Jasper and himself with an exasperated gesture. "And let me tell you, it's not as easy as you would think," he frowned as he shot daggers out of his eyes at me.

"Well, thank you," Evie smiled. "Everyone."

Suddenly, there was a strange rustling noise in the woods behind her. I flashed forward, placing my large body infront of Evie, ready to protect her if needed. But as the first of our house guests stepped out from the tree line, I sighed in relief.