II

Think happy thoughts, Cassidy

Think happy thoughts, Cassidy. Think happy thoughts.

Think positive!

I kept chanting in my head as I drove into the busy streets of New York. I was tapping the steering wheel in anxiousness.

This job is very important, Anna is about to start school soon and I want to be able to look after all her finances while also being able to afford the rent and car. My baby girl has been so excited about taking up piano lessons and I want to be able to let her explore and enjoy. I want Anna to find her hobby and enjoy it without having to worry about our finances.

Let's not forget savings, even though it's a far-fetched thought but I have to start saving up for Anna's college and future, in general.

The headquarters of Dain Industries is a beautiful magnificent building with 50 floors. It's one of the tallest buildings in the city. There are about five branches here in New York but this one is the main one.

It has been rumoured that once the company becomes private, it'll be merged with whichever company becomes its parent company seeing how Dain industries in itself is also a big brand name and have seen its high times in the business environment.

I entered the basement parking and was checked up by the security guard.

"Hello ma'am-" The security guard said and smiled while pointing towards my car's deck signalling me to open it.

I pushed the deck button in the car and saw another security guard come out and check the car. He then closed the deck and looked up at me giving me a thumbs up.

Why does his face look weirdly familiar?

I frowned and then shook my head physically, trying not to distract myself.

Today is important.

Not the right time for getting distracted.

I quickly drove away and found myself a good parking spot. Once the car was parked I got out and took my purse and resume in hand.

I rode the elevator to the ground floor lobby and looked around to find the receptionist's desk.

"Hi. I'm here for an interview." I greeted the lady at the reception who seemed to be the same age as me.

"Are you Miss Valentine?" The receptionist asked if she was a redhead with green eyes and her badge read 'Miranda.'

People who are red-headed and green-eyed are the rarest to find in real life, How do I know? I have a five-year-old who is all about the 'amazing facts of life.

I smile thinking about my angel and looked up back to the receptionist.

"Yes. I am, Miranda." I teased.