XXI

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

Cassidy's pov-

Oh god, no mom is one of the closest people to me in my life, nothing can happen to her she still has to meet her granddaughter, not so soon please! Please god save her .... I helped granny get into the car and rushed to the hospital but on the way I dropped Anna at Sofia's place.

On the way people kept glaring at as I skipped signals but I don't care right now mom is the only thing important to me. Tears came into my eyes as I looked at grandma she was still, it seemed as if she was numb. Grandma is a very cheerful person but mom has been so close to us that the thought of loosing mom did not go well with us.

The moment we reached the hospital I ran out of the car and rushed into the reception area, the receptionist smiled which I did not return instead asked "where is Mrs. Anderson admitted?" the receptionist looked at the register kept beside her laptop on the table "she is in ICU right now, room no 124 go straight and turn left" I murmured a thank you and ran toward the room as grand ma followed me.

The moment I stood outside the area I saw dad sobbing along with Cara, Dad was never a weak person even when he lost his parent he was sad but he never liked to show his weakness. Cara looked up and the moment she saw me she ran up to me embraced me into a hug and continued crying.

Sometimes it's better to cry than keep the sadness within us so I let Cara cry as I kept sliding my hand up and down Cara's back. After almost fifteen minutes of crying Cara finally stopped and without uttering a word she sat down on the chairs. I went to dad who seemed to be having a eternal battle with himself "Dad-" I tried to say but he cut me off "this is all my fault, she said she wanted to stay home with me but I insisted to go to office because Dexton wouldn't " the moment dad mentioned Dexton I realized he was not her.

Where is he?

Why hasn't he come?

Does he know about moms condition?

I kept all my questions to myself "no dad this is not your fault its no one's fault. You did not know this would happened" Dad kept shaking his head as if disagreeing "Dad if you become weak right now who will take care of the others? Everything would be alright"

After calming everyone down I headed to the washroom, tears flowed freely and I let them. I don't know what is wrong with me. Am I crying because of mom or Dexton?

The door of the washroom opened as I wiped off my tears I turned around to see Cara. "Grand ma told me you had your share of tears this morning but the good news is mom is fine, we can see her after some time "I didn't know what emotion to feel I tried to smile but failed and soo tears made its way back. "It hurts Cara, it hurts. When the Person you love leaves you and the most beautiful moments of your life end because of no reason or at least I don't know the reason" I cried harder "that not true Cassy, my brother love you" I faked a laughter which actually hurt "I don't think so. In fact I think your brother is ashamed or maybe disgusted by me, I am the most helpless person ever Cassy I am a fool who just happens to ruin each and every thing" I answered "shut up Cassy! Who has put all this stupid stuff in your mind Cassy no one is disgusted by you " Cara said and tried comforting me.

"wh-where is Dexton?" I asked as my voice cracked "in his farmhouse, it is quite a long distance but he would be here any time,"

Both I and Cara returned back with water for dad and grandma I convinced all of them to go home rest and come back, but convincing dad was difficult ha wasn't ready to leave mom alone in the hospital "I will be here, and take care of her "I reassured and soon everyone was gone .

I sat down and called Anna through Sofia's number "hello princess" I heard giggling on the other line as a smile played on my lips. My princess could always cure my pain "momma where did you and great granny go?" I took some time to think of a answer "we came to see your Grandmother, she is unwell princess" Anna kept silence for a moment "I will pray for her" I nodded my head even though Anna couldn't see me "good idea, eat your food princess I will mw home soon" Anna replied back "okay mom I will be a good girl" I smiled again "I know you will be"

After some time I saw Dexton come running towards me "where is mom?" was his first question "she is okay, we can meet her after some time" I answered "is she okay?" I nodded as suddenly I was engulfed into a hug. I did not stop him and after pulling apart Dexton stared at me "your eyes are swelled" he noted "I guess hearing about mom made me cry" I answered "your eyes only swell when you cry constantly for some time" I looked straight into Dexton's "I guess some one has left scars to deep in me that these scars aren't ready to fade away" Dexton's face almost instantly became void.

"Are you family to Mrs. Anderson" the doctor asked as both Dexton and I stood up "yes" the doctor eyed us before answering "you can meet her now, just keep her stress free and try getting along with her" both of us nodded "go and meet your mom, I will inform others and come back" I answered ad went away.

After calling everyone I headed to moms room "please Dexton just this onc-" mom stopped when she saw me and a smile came over her lips "cassy" I went over to mom and hugged her lightly "I have a request" I nodded "but promise me you will accept it" I was confused "but-" before I could complete mom interrupted "please "I nodded and looked up to see Dexton have a angry look on her face "I want all of us to go on a vacation but you will be there as my daughter in law and Dexton's wife "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dexton'smom above

Guess what?
Anna is going to meet her father in a chapter or two

sorry people for the late update especially sorry to those whom I promised I would update through PM, I totally love you guys but being a student has its own problems

once again I love you all,

VOTE,

COMMENT.

FOLLOW,

Selena gomez is my Bae, honestly I'm a Selenator.