VIII

Cassidys pov-

I have been working with Dexton for almost four days now he seems to be trying to maintain some distance between us, it hurts but it for the best of both of us. Anna has been requesting e to go out with her so seems like i would be going out for dinner tomorrow because tomorrow is the weekend.

"Momma" Anna said as picked her up in my arms "yes baby." I asked and kissed her cheeks "i will miss you." I smiled, at the moment i was in front of Anna's day care and she did not want to go "listen honey, momma loves you and misses you as well but as promised tomorrow we go out and have some mamma-daughter time" i explained as Anna nodded and hugged me tightly with i returned and putt her down "bye momma." Anna exclaimed as i smiled "bye honey."

I entered the office building and smiled at the receptionist waving my hand as i always do and entered the lift. I reached my floor and entered my cabin which i parallel to Dexton's, i adjusted my stuff and just then a buzzer went on i realized Dexton was calling me.

I knocked and entered the cabin only to notice Dexton wearing a deep purple Armani suit, god how can someone look so hot? As a matter of fact i always found Dexton some kind of geek god- "good morning Ms Valentine" Dexton said as i broke out of my thoughts and looked up to his blank expression, i wonder how he keeps his feelings to himself so well "good morning Mr. Anderson" i wished back i the same cold voice i always tried to use towards Dexton "i need you to complete some files basically edit them they are kept in rack no 12A." Dexton said as i followed the instructions took the files and left Dexton's room.

When i reached my table i realised i was already on the verge of tears, i know there is no reason for me to cry but Dexton's cold behaviour towards me always makes me feel like crying. I wiped away my tears and started to work on the files i just got.

Just when i was working there was a knock on my Cabin, the door opened to revile two men suited "good morning sir, how may i help you?" i asked "so i finally am meeting you Cassidy remember i confirmed a deal with your boss day before yesterday?" i thought for a moment and then remembered "Mr Shawn, i am so sorry i did not recognise you, so how may i help you?" i asked with a polite smile on my lips. Shawn had assigned a deal with Dexton a small time before, he was a old man in his mid 50's"i came to have lunch with Dexton Ms Valentine" Shawn explained as i nodded and checked Dexton's schedule sure enough lunch was marked "okay Mr Shawn , do i need to send something?" i asked as Shawn shrugged "no need my dear i have brought a food parcel for a 5 star hotel nearby." I smiled and showed Shawn the way to Dexton's Cabin.

After almost 2 hours all the editing in the files were finished, thank god! I made my way to Dexton's cabin Knocked and entered, Mr Shawn was seated but Dexton wasn't there the food foils were open and empty, seems like Dexton has had lunch. I put the files down on Dexton's table when the washrooms door which is attached to Dexton's cabin opened to reveal a red faced and sweaty Dexton, it took me a moment to cover up my shock when Dexton collided onto the floor, i ran toward Dexton and realised what must have happened.

I went to Shawn and questioned "did you people have peanut in any food item?"Shawn nodded as i realised anger was taking over me i calmly requested" please leave i will ask Dexton to call you soon."

I heard coughing sound and got my attention back to Dexton he was still on the floor i helped him stand up and took him to the couch. The guests were no more here, i laid Dexton down on the couch and asked "where is your tablet?" i questioned Dexton who was still coughing so he simply motioned to the drawer attached to his desk.

I went to his desk and took out the tablet i give it to Dexton with a glass of water, i took the tablet back to his desk and opened the drawer when i noticed a picture there i flipped it around only to see it was my..................................wedding picture.

I kept the picture back and saw Dexton did not see me notice the picture, a lot of questions were running into my mind but i pushed them back and went to Dexton i sat on the couch and took Dexton's head into my lap. Soon both of us were in dream land.